You can type here any text you want

Evaporator

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Steve V

Steve V's Automotive 757 560 2782
Anyone got a line on a correct one for a Buick. The aftermarket one is correct for a Monte Ss not a TR.

Attachments

• 1422712381929.jpg
    1422712381929.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 134
Highwaystars.net has them for 20- 25 bucks last time I checked.

I could be wrong, but I find it hard to believe that a NOS evaporator core would sell for $25 as is was only used in 1986-7 turbo Regals?

Steve, you would be best served by asking this question in the "Parts Wanted" forum as used ones are available, and I have yet to locate a NOS or proper replacement unit?

Thanks Nick. I was not aware it was unique to TR's. I will reuse orginal its not bad. Just wanted a new one since it was apart.

I cleaned out and reused my original and it held vacuum fine. There was no rust in it nor other deterioration and it held vacuum fine.

I could be wrong, but I find it hard to believe that a NOS evaporator core would sell for $25 as is was only used in 1986-7 turbo Regals?

Steve, you would be best served by asking this question in the "Parts Wanted" forum as used ones are available, and I have yet to locate a NOS or proper replacement unit?
No your not wrong Nick, I thought he was talking about a completely different part, LOL. My apologies Steve V, I didn't mean to get your hopes up.

I bought one from NOS4GN couple years ago. Wasn't exact replacement, but worked really well. Believe it was slightly smaller in size. Worked well when I finally charged my AC last year. Fwiw

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back