You can type here any text you want

Ever wonder what "Power Injection" was intended for?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
thats not it. buick was going to use methanol injection but the resivor wouldn't pass the crash test so buick scrapped it.

In Black Air (extras), Ron Yuile speaks about the desire they had to include water/meth injection on the cars but they couldn't get it done in time.

There's a water injection solenoid output pin on the ECM. Not a big stretch to figure it out.

I reckon the title of the thread is a mid misleading. I blame that on the alcohol. My intent of the video was to show a little of the history behind GM's tinkering around with methanol/fluid injection.

Link to a good write up explaining the Turbo Rocket motor and some details regarding the injection system and some of the reasons why the idea never really took off.

Link to a partial restoration, including a picture of an actual bottle of "Turbo Rocket Fluid." Note that the fluid contains methanol.

Hover over where it actually says "Link" and that is the actual hyperlink. Trying to figure out how to make the text blue and underlined like it used to in the older vBulletin versions.

Hover over where it actually says "Link" and that is the actual hyperlink. Trying to figure out how to make the text blue and underlined like it used to in the older vBulletin versions.
Got it thanks, I always enjoy the older stuff that somebody else figured out years ago.

I reckon the title of the thread is a mid misleading. I blame that on the alcohol. My intent of the video was to show a little of the history behind GM's tinkering around with methanol/fluid injection.

Link to a good write up explaining the Turbo Rocket motor and some details regarding the injection system and some of the reasons why the idea never really took off.

Link to a partial restoration, including a picture of an actual bottle of "Turbo Rocket Fluid." Note that the fluid contains methanol.

Interesting info in the links. Always been interested in the jetfire cars.

very cool......I love those old videos always good for a laugh.....whats with the testing the car over a rough rocky road lmao! its not a 4x4 trucko_O but it is cool to see that the technology has been around for a while.

My power injection light works. The alkycontrol kit let's you hook it up easily. It's harder to mount the pump than it was to hook up the power injection light and low fluid light in the factory dash.

Back