Exhaust Ideas For 05 V6 Chevy 1500

jdpolzin

Hey guys, Im in the process of buying an 05 Chevy 1500 Pu with a V6. It is a shortbed Pick Up that is base model. I am puttiing a lowering kit, SS kit which is the nose roll pan and side skirts, and 22"s on it. I am just wondering what I should do for the exhaust?? Its a V6 and I know that just putting cat-back duals on it wont make it sound all that great. I am wondering if I just put duals with no mufflers, would it sound good or not? Would the cat help muffle the loudness?? Would it sound good with somee high flow mufflers?? What would you do?

IMO all NA v6s should have an exhaust. the quieter the better cause with any brand mufflers they all sound like sh!t

i say put a turn down on it and keep the stock muffler on it but hide it.

True, Id have to say that they do all sound like sh*t. Good idea about that turn down. Now I just have to find a nice roll pan!!

Originally posted by jdpolzin
True, Id have to say that they do all sound like sh*t. Good idea about that turn down. Now I just have to find a nice roll pan!!

good idea!

You won't gain a bunch with an exhaust so I agree. Keep the stocker on there or at least something quiet. V6 GM motor sound like ass without a turbo on em. LOL

Just dont buy it and get one with a v8. Then it will sound better with the stock exhaust than the 6 ever could, and you get the added benefit of owning a truck that isnt severely underpowered :D

A silent stock 6 banger sounds way better than one with an exhaust. Don't spend the money on something that sounds like azz. Makes you look like a dork. ;)

Very True about the dork thing. I can't stand them fuc$ing fart cans on the ricers so I probably wouldn't like a sixer chevy that has a couple fartcans hanging off the back!! TURBOBUICKMAN----V8 are great but when I drive 87 miles for work every day and gas is $2.35, it's hard enough with my 4cyl Ranger. PLans are going in the direction of Vortec Supercharger instead of the V8. That funny how with the cost fof upgrading to a V8, I can just go buy a Supercahrger!! Plus, its nice being different!! Every HillBilliy and their mom and brother have a V8 Silverado with straight pipes around here!! I think Im going to just keep the stock exhaust and hide it until the blower is put on!!

best exhaust i have heard for an NA truck FSC 1500 is a Gibson.

I am running a dual sport Stainless setup on my truck and it sounds great. Actually had a dealer (when i was thinking of trading it in) ask me if i still had the Original Cat for the truck, i said its still there :D

the exhaust makes it sound like a worked motor when its a stocker