You can type here any text you want

Exhaust

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

WhiteTtype989

How is the gbody parts stainless single shot ? it comes with the magnaflow muffler does this system flow just as well as the atr single shot ? Whats the best flowing exhaust possible for these cars as im trying to figure out which route to go

There are many threads and opinions on exhaust

This is one opinion, and here is what I have tried...
With a stock downpipe and exhaust, I tried the Hooker type dual system with Ultraflow mufflers. Without any specific testing, like a dyno, I thought the flow was good. The exhaust was quiet, with a good tone, but droned badly at 2000-2200 RPM. I didn't like the duals hanging under the car either.
I recently changed back to the stock location muffler, which is a different design than the poor flow of the original Flowmaster. The exhaust is great, with a good V-8 tone, not too loud, and no drone.
If you do a search, you will find many threads of what works for them.
The Hooker style, available from several vendors, is a cost effective plan. You just need to find out the best way to avoid the drone, with different mufflers, that works for your car.
Good luck.

Really yea i like hooker as ive had it on various camaros ive had in the past. The hooker on has a 2.5 in i have a 3 in atr dp is this gonna be a problem . do you think besides the noise increase is the reduced weight and better flow of the single shot is worth it

The single shot will drone you crazy out of the car! I am running a ATR 3 inch crossflow and it sounds mellow until you get on it.

Back