You can type here any text you want

Extender and TCC Lockup question.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Sleeper-6

First i must say that my car has never run better than it is now with my new Extender Extreme chip. I am however having one minor issue. I can't seem to cruise on OD with the converter staying locked. I can only maintain about 55 mph tops and still have the converter stay locked. If I very lightly accererate, it will unlock or if I cruise any faster it will not lock at all. I don't think it's a mechanical prob since it is locking whenever it is told to do so according to Direct Scan. I just never seems to be given the signal to lock at anything over 55. I would be nice to be able to take advantage of the lean cruise, but right now I can't get the converter to stay locked long enough at a normal highway speed to really see any benifit from it. :(

I need your chip number and TPS reading at 55mph. Its TPS that the ECM uses to determine if it's ok to lock...

Bob

Well, here's what I found. I got these numbers from my Scanmaster since I diddn't have the laptop with me. I can cruise and very gently roll into the throttle and it unlocks at about 1.80 on the TPS, As I back off I can feel and hear it lock up again around 1.40 or so. . At a steady 55 mph TPS is showing about a 1.65-1.75 or so.
My chip # is ESS55C1F

Back