You can type here any text you want

Extender chip install.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Marc87GN

I installed the Extender chip and wire into D11. The instructions mention a grey wire that comes down from behind the radio. I see a grey and black wire that runs down behind the radio and then into center console. is that the gey wire? Also with the Turbolink 4.0, will I see the MAF range go to 512 on the laptop or will it still show 255 and we just guess that it's working? Thanks.

Marc

Thats' the correct grey wire. I'm not sure on the readings from Turbolink, but my guess it will not show 512, I think it cuts it in half.

Dannyo

Originally posted by Danster
Thats' the correct grey wire. I'm not sure on the readings from Turbolink, but my guess it will not show 512, I think it cuts it in half.

Dannyo

You are right. I took the car today for a full romp and I saw on Turbolink MAF readings of 159-166 gps @ 5K and 20 psi. No wonder it was knocking before. I was probably pushing well over 300 gps at full throttle. The 02 MVs were in the low 800s so it was running well.

Thanks.

Marc

I think there was a setting on T-link 4.0 to show the true maf values if you were using an extender. I was one of the people that suggested the idea to Ken and I thought he included it.

David
87GN

Originally posted by DavzGN
I think there was a setting on T-link 4.0 to show the true maf values if you were using an extender. I was one of the people that suggested the idea to Ken and I thought he included it.

David
87GN

That would make sense, but I'm not sure how to do it. If you find out, please let me know.

marc

Originally posted by DavzGN

David
87GN

I found it. It's actually right before you press connect to the ECM, there is a dropdown for special equipment. I see 512 gps on my screen now. I'm interested to see what I'm getting up to at 18-20 psi.

Thanks
Marc

Back