You can type here any text you want

Extender Chip Question

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

scot w.

GNSperformance.com
Ever since I put my extender chip in, Iv'e lost my (MAL) malfuntion code section on my scanmaster 2.1. WHY?? My "service engine soon" light is on and it sure would be nice to use that $250.00 scanmaster to read what the code is. please help.

Scot,
You have an Ext chip with the fast update feature.
When it is programmed that way, you lose the malfunction codes. Wish they did not do that myself.
Brian

brian said:
Scot,
You have an Ext chip with the fast update feature.
When it is programmed that way, you lose the malfunction codes. Wish they did not do that myself.
Brian
Thanks again brian! LOL. I just now figured it out, and i'm showing a code 42 only after the install of the (trans +). I need to look everything over again. You think that buy useing thin speaker wire to tie into the EST wire by the coil pack for the timing would get some interferance from the spark plugs or something else? The splices are soldered and with shrink tubing but have just the normal wire casing on it. Is this okay?

The fast update feature is an option on the Extender chips, you can order them with the stock datastream (and stock update rate)

If you have a high-speed data chip you can still pull the trouble codes using the paperclip method, or you can reinstall a stock data chip without resetting the ECM, or Direct Scan can read the codes.

With the code 42, make sure your wiring is not reversed.

Bob

I get the same codes and I run the extender. Ive always battled with codes 42, 43, 44, 45. The last thing I had was a code for being lean, and code for being rich at the same time! That made no sense.
Bob- What do you mean by the wiring being reversed? Is this just something for a trans plus?

I need your chip number, translator settings, BLM values (idle, easy driving , highway) in order to have a chance at a guess....... :)

code 42 is unrelated to the air/fuel codes (43,44) , it is caused by a bad connection to the coilpack or ground problems. (a bad Direct Scan connection can cause it also)

Bob

Back