You can type here any text you want

Extender chip questions

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

DEL

A couple questions. I recently bought an extender chip, MAF translator, and 3.5" MAF. Two questions:

1. Is it possible to tweak this chip to be a race or a street chip?
2. Are there any good documents out there that tell how to change all the parameters. I bought the chip new, and the paperwork that came with it doesn't seem to cover all the settings and their values. I'm way out of my comfort zone here, ready to give up and just order a street & race chip.

Ps. I've got a Scanmaster in the car for reading the values.

Any help is appreciated, I've talked to others that have had the same problem with the doc's that come with the chip, they just plugged their chip in like I did and haven't tried to tune it.

It's all there in the papers that came with the chip. You just need to understand the parameters. Yes, you can change the settings for street or strip I do it all the time.

Once you learn how and why to make changes to the parameters it starts to make more sense. You can also go to the tech session on Mike's FullThrottlespeed website and post some of your questions on there to get a reply or call Mike up and talk with him to understand the settings.

I really like to play with the low fuel spool up and WOT spool up features. If you have any specific questions, post away and somebody from here will help you out.

Dannyo

Dave,

I can help you out with that if you have some specific questions.

You change from a street to a race chip by basically adding or subtracting timing in the T+ box. Then you can also set your WOT TCC l/u point in the chip and you pretty much have your race chip.

From there, you can get into the real fine tuning by chaing your spoolup fuel curve and also your low gear fueling. There are quite a few more options like open loop idle and lean cruise mode etc. It should be all there in the instructions. I have about 3 sets of instructions and they all have everything in there. You just have to understand exactly what it is you are looking at.

Send me an email if you have specific questions and I'm sure I can help you out.

Back