You can type here any text you want

Extender Wire Help !

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

s3dcollier

Installing my new Extender chip with MAF Translator Plus and have come into a snag. According to the instructions:

Remove the previous chip and install the Extender. Remove the locking ”comb” from the top side of the large connector and insert the small terminal of the supplied wire into cavity D11 as shown in figure 1.into cavity D11 as shown in figure 1.

Where the hell is figure one in the instructions? It's not on the website nor in the instructions I received. Am I overlooking something? I got it all from fullthrottle.com. Help.....

Scott

Originally posted by s3dcollier
Installing my new Extender chip with MAF Translator Plus and have come into a snag. According to the instructions:

Remove the previous chip and install the Extender. Remove the locking ”comb” from the top side of the large connector and insert the small terminal of the supplied wire into cavity D11 as shown in figure 1.into cavity D11 as shown in figure 1.

Where the hell is figure one in the instructions? It's not on the website nor in the instructions I received. Am I overlooking something? I got it all from fullthrottle.com. Help.....

Scott

Scott,

Look at the end of the ECM that has all the wires going into it, there are 2 connectors one being larger than the other, now look closely and you can see small numbers on both sides of the connectors, you will also find letters A, B, C, D. Then simply plug the supplied wire into cavity D11.

The "locking comb" are pieces that hold the connectors to the ECM.

HTH,

HOW

Problem Solved !

Thank You Very Much. YOU ROCK !

Leave it up to the newb not to know the plan. Instructions could of used some more pictures, oh well. That's what you guys are for ! Thanks a million. Can't wait to get this going.

Scott

Those instructions could have used some instructions. ;)

It really wasn't your fault. :confused:

I cringe everytime I have to reprogram mine, luckily Direct Scan shows every BLM at once. :)

Great job helping out guys, the install instructions seem complete other than the invisible "figure 1". :rolleyes:
Just a note: D-11 Is a cavity as the sheet notes, no factory ECM wiring to that pin.

Your right the instructions really suck !

A good example is which wire to splice for the timing control.
The instructions state its usually the white wire, Nice, they must know there are two white wires going into the module.
Instead of telling the reader to check a shop manual , Why not just state its the
white wire on the far end ?
Maybe installation its funner if important details are left out.

Scott,

Look at the end of the ECM that has all the wires going into it, there are 2 connectors one being larger than the other, now look closely and you can see small numbers on both sides of the connectors, you will also find letters A, B, C, D. Then simply plug the supplied wire into cavity D11.

The "locking comb" are pieces that hold the connectors to the ECM.

HTH,

HOW

Is this for all translator Plus? What does this do? I did not have one of these when purchased.

Is this for all translator Plus? What does this do? I did not have one of these when purchased.

No, it's a function of the Extender chip, to aid in programming features in the Extender, not the Translator.

50lb extender chip for alchy. I would have to get the specifics later when I am back in town. I have actually been having boost problems since the installation. I was just about to chuck this in the trash.

You can get that wire/connector from FullThrottle. It makes programming features of the Extender much easier, instead of having to pull the cal pak to make certain adjustments.

Back