You can type here any text you want

Extender with No Data Stream

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

bob86gn

Swapped in a new Extender rev D part No. BYL54A1D for my new MSD 50s and I have no data stream to my scanmaster 2.0. Any idea what the problem is. The car immediately throws a code once it is started. Can't download the codes since it is the data stream for the Scanmaster. Runs but has not been tuned at all yet.

TIA,

Bob

Could you have put the chip in backwards accidently?

I might have. I thought it would not run if it was backwards? I guess I should rotate it 180 and see. Could anything else go south by changing it? Thanks Jim

iT will run like crap, with 50's it'll puke black or grey smoke, SES light will blink rapidly and you will be buying another chip for it :p

Can I switch it back or is the chip now fried? It does run like crap, smokes like a pig but it runs

Doesn't look backwards to me unless the chip was inserted into the RN holder backwards by the chip programmer before you got it.

Actually unless this was done there really isn't a way to plug the thing in backwards without breaking something. The holder top should have more smaller locating tabs(notches) and the bottom has fewer, but wider ones.

Disconnect the power to the ECM by the battery then remove the prom from the ECM and check to see if the little notch on the actual chip is lined up with the little notch on the plastic RN holder. In the pic your notch(on the holder at least) is in the correct, right hand position. They should line up.

I think something was backwards because the car really seemed like it was in limp home mode and the exhaust is really carboned up. It had all the symptons of limp home mode. Maybe the chip was just backwards in the carrier. I thought it looked right to me as well. Thanks U1ARUNIT.

Looking at the carrier and looking at the writing on the chip it appears everything is copacetic. If you didnt accidentally put it in backwards, then maybe you simply got a bad burn. It does happen and I bet it happens even to Bob. why dont you get with him as he said a few posts up and see what he says.

Back