You can type here any text you want

external oil pump question

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
i have seen them on other peoples motors on here. Not that exact unit but similair. Usually on race motors. anyone?

Recently put one on my engine, came from Cruz. My understanding is that it increases the overall volume of oil being pushed through the motor. Supposed to help with bearing wear at higher rpms.

I've used that system a couple of times. It eliminates a few right angle turns in the oiling system, and is a high volume gear set. Easy to install a big remote oil filtration system. Actually, it's required. Nice system.

i tried a search for cruz and found nothing?? who exactly makes this unit as i am in the process of building a race motor

i tried a search for cruz and found nothing?? who exactly makes this unit as i am in the process of building a race motor

Those are commonly referred to as the Duttweiler oil pumps. Jack Cotton carries them as well as DLS and probably several other vendors on the board. White Racing (scroll down to see oilpump) has a version of it that I plan on using that cleans up the install a bit by requiring less plumbing. It has an internal pressure relief that eliminates one of the braided lines that would have to return pressure relieved oil back to the pan. Stage2 blocks that don't have wetsump provisions often make use of these systems.

Here is a photo of the DLS pump on our Engine. It has an external bypass line. There are several benefits to using this pump with the external by pass line. The oil pan is also a must have which is also available from Dan.

Contact Dan he is a Genius with the 109.

Attachments

• oil_pump.JPG
    oil_pump.JPG
    78.9 KB · Views: 582
When running high valve spring pressures the timing chain in a 109 gets weak. Under full acceleration the bypassed oil can be used to cool the timing chain. This done by plumbing this hose to a custom fuel pump block off plate which is mounted to the timing chain cover. I am trying to compete in TSM so please don’t make me explain all the secrets.

I also prefer this particular pump over all the others because of the exit location of all the hoses. In my opinion this allows it to be the best fit into a G body chassis.

LOL you guys are to much, thanks for the info!!

Even with a billet double timing chain it still has a chance of snapping? I have seen engine build pics on tbs.com with the oil line going to the block off plate and was wondering what that wasall about. Im going to have DLS blueprint my front cover so i guess ill contact them for my best route. :)

External Oil System

Nice info Sam.
I have the DLS oiling system on my car.
Mine is just a street car, too slow to hang with TSM.
Oil pressure is adjustable by changing the spring also.
Hoses route nicely even with air conditioning.
Call Dan @ DLS Engine Development.
(219) 956-3653

Back