External wastegate

"Melissa has the "flapper" in her car .. she has gone 10.10"

Well Grumpy its looks like Melissa and her "Flapper" are doing well, so thats nice to hear, I'll sleep much better now.

The thing I would like to ask is WTF does that have to do with the question of:

"How hard is it to just go to an external wastegate?"

Answere peoples questions or STFU, believe it or not some people are interested in hearing about the different options that are out there, and then deciding for themselves which THEY think THEY might like the best. Try to have a little class and let them ask thier questions and get the different options.

Jason

i havent seen shanaynay's flapper yet, but my external is doing just fine.

love,

the boost CREEP

"Melissa has the "flapper" in her car .. she has gone 10.10"

Well Grumpy its looks like Melissa and her "Flapper" are doing well, so thats nice to hear, I'll sleep much better now.

The thing I would like to ask is WTF does that have to do with the question of:

"How hard is it to just go to an external wastegate?"

Answere peoples questions or STFU, believe it or not some people are interested in hearing about the different options that are out there, and then deciding for themselves which THEY think THEY might like the best. Try to have a little class and let them ask thier questions and get the different options.

Jason

I am trying to make it easier for some to make a decision and get thier car RUNNING sooner.. like I preach KEEP IT SIMPLE AND STUPID .. speaking of running ??? is yours :eek: :biggrin: you can lead a horse to water but ya can't make him drink :cool: this is the end of my rant . :p

Dude RELAX!!!! He's just stating his opinion. He gets his chance just like everyone else. That's why this board is so great. If I don't like or believe in what someone is saying then I just won't do it.

I like the word "Simple" :tongue:

I think i'll change mine from integral to external.. should go from 10.5 to 9.99 easy :D

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/al...65-10-55-data-log-pix.html?highlight=reynolds

Yup that boost is ALL over the place.. maybe the boost controller has something to do with it :rolleyes:

Kind sir,
please review the data log of your car. the progressive rise in boost is known as boost creep. So my conclusion is that even a flapper with a 300 dollar controller will still creep. Thank God your alky kit is progressive jsut like your wastegate:biggrin:

love always,
Dr Boost

Quiky One:

I dont have any pics of my set up. I'ts a bad habbit of mine not to take pics. I wish I did have some pics because I probably had the most hardcore looking stock long block out there. I had a good bit of braided lines because I had a pretty wildly modded fuel rail with big lines, I had a water cooled dual ball bearing turbo with its lines, alky injection lines, NOS lines ect. I had a stock location liquid with some custom fab'd stainless steal pipes, and I had a custom fab'd 3.5" cold air induction set up. Then of coarse the external waste gate set up out there in the open. I was only missing a fancy dog house, big throttle body, and a set of sheet metal valve covers away from it looking like a full race motor. I really enjoy tinkering with things to make them work better and or look cooler, and to me race car stuff looks cool.

There was a guy who spent a good 5 minutes or better video taping the engine compartment of my TTA one year at the nationals. Has was asking me questions about different things while he was video taping. I wish I knew who that guy was I would love to get a copy of that tape, or a copy of any pics anyone else may have took.

If you want to get a real good idea of what my TTA down pipe and waste gate set up looked like just find someone to send you a pic of an ATR TTA downpipe that ran thier external gate. Mine was the same pipe just custom made to use a turbonetics deltagate instead.

HTH: Jason

Kind sir,
please review the data log of your car. the progressive rise in boost is known as boost creep. So my conclusion is that even a flapper with a 300 dollar controller will still creep. Thank God your alky kit is progressive jsut like your wastegate:biggrin:

love always,
Dr Boost

Here's a better shot.. better technology.. same 300 dollar boost controller

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/alcohol-nitrous-propane-tech/201570-fast-alky-logs-without.html

Merry Christmas Creep :D

Quiky One:

I dont have any pics of my set up. I'ts a bad habbit of mine not to take pics. I wish I did have some pics because I probably had the most hardcore looking stock long block out there. I had a good bit of braided lines because I had a pretty wildly modded fuel rail with big lines, I had a water cooled dual ball bearing turbo with its lines, alky injection lines, NOS lines ect. I had a stock location liquid with some custom fab'd stainless steal pipes, and I had a custom fab'd 3.5" cold air induction set up. Then of coarse the external waste gate set up out there in the open. I was only missing a fancy dog house, big throttle body, and a set of sheet metal valve covers away from it looking like a full race motor. I really enjoy tinkering with things to make them work better and or look cooler, and to me race car stuff looks cool.

There was a guy who spent a good 5 minutes or better video taping the engine compartment of my TTA one year at the nationals. Has was asking me questions about different things while he was video taping. I wish I knew who that guy was I would love to get a copy of that tape, or a copy of any pics anyone else may have took.

If you want to get a real good idea of what my TTA down pipe and waste gate set up looked like just find someone to send you a pic of an ATR TTA downpipe that ran thier external gate. Mine was the same pipe just custom made to use a turbonetics deltagate instead.

HTH: Jason

Kind sir.. what did this combo run? :cool:

Same set up but with a non ball bearing 63, went 11.16 and 11.17 back to back hot lapped with 3 pound launch through the full exhaust.
Not too bad for a bone stock 104,000 mile long block.

Jason

Well to keep anyone updated who wants a DP I've emailed or called....Jack Cotton, PTE, Billy Anderson, SE turbo, Stenod Performance, Mike Licht, and another custom fab shop in Illinois (about 2 hours north of South Bend) So I'm working on it.

Jason

Well to keep anyone updated who wants a DP I've emailed or called....Jack Cotton, PTE, Billy Anderson, SE turbo, Stenod Performance, Mike Licht, and another custom fab shop in Illinois (about 2 hours north of South Bend) So I'm working on it.

Jason

I'm still working on the elbows, have to wait until after the holidays now.

Haha thats good because my progress equates to about zero. I dont know what to do. I'm to spend $500 on a DP for GN and just cut it right at the flange but dont want to do that.

Jason

flanges

i sell the external flanges if anyone is interested. i have 1/2 and 3/4 thick. i have a guy thats make some internal ones as i'm posting now. let me know if interested.
turbomonk@hotmail.com

O.k. I have the flange, and can make many more. Now I just need to do something for the puck setup and we are in business.