You can type here any text you want

F.A.S.T. and the Ramchargers dual fan unit

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

oldtimer

I've just installed the Ramchargers Dual Fan unit with the Ramchargers plug adapter.

I'm running a F.A.S.T. system with the Plug & Play adapter harness.

I've also removed the air conditioning compressor and lines

Has anyone got the same set-up and how did you get the fans to work properly ?? They sure push a lot more air on high speed.

I need help !

How do you want them to work? one on - one off till requested. One fan is a dual speed fan and one is a single speed. If you have access to a wire diagram the fans are from Intrepids/ Concordes. The FAST has only one lead for the fan, IF, you have the standard unit.

One way is with three relays. One constant on - slow speed, two for high @ request.

By standard unit, are you referring to the F.A.S.T. unit ?

I have the B to B with wide band o2 using Dan White's plug and play harness, so I use all the stock sensors.

Is it possible to have the fans wired to operate in the stock manor mith a manual switch for cooling in the pits ?

It's possible. I would use 2 relays, one for each fan. Energize the relays with the signal from the ECM and just splice the manual switch inline. If U R just using the car for drag duty I would skip the ECM signal and just use the manual switch.

Glen's advice is the advice to follow here IMO. When the ignition is off, the FAST will not control the fans, so if cooling in the pits is a concern you should have manual control of the fans.

Thanks guys, much appreciated.

Craig, you answered my question. I wasn't sure about the control the F.A.S.T. system had on the fan circuit.:cool:

Back