F-body Radiator

Answer is YES! Best radiator upgrade for the buck imo... And keep it very cool with dual fans.. Mine barely goes above 170* in stop n go traffic jams..

Scot W.

I have one and it cools just fine I had some trouble at first but it was do to a water pump that was acting up after the water pump was replaced I never over heated again until my fans quit on me.

I take it everyone has went with a remote oil cooler? I have all ready done a trans cooler. Also would the stock single fan be enough to keep it cool. Thanks guys.

I take it everyone has went with a remote oil cooler? I have all ready done a trans cooler. Also would the stock single fan be enough to keep it cool. Thanks guys.

I run the PTE remote oil filter with no oil cooler. External tranny cooler. I do not use the built in f body cooler.

F-body rad, AC condensor, Cotton's FM, dual fans, car got to 173 in traffic on a 90deg day. I don't know how well a stock fan will cool though.

With the F-Body radiator I just got rid of my oil cooler all together, took it off!! Don't need it at those temps... But I run an external trans cooler, A big one with a big fan...

The stock fan does OKAY if you don't climb long grades at almost 1-2 lbs boost, Then it tends to get hot but will cool right back down. Since I went to dual fans it doesn't get hot at all anymore...

I am looking for some clarification...Does the F Body radiator do a better job then a factory radiator? I realize they are priced really well. What type of mods are required to make it work or is it minimal? I'm getting ready ti mount a FMIC, dual fans and may consider this too if it's a better cooling option over stock. Thanks

I have a F-Body radiator with dual spal fans, and a 160 stat and the car on the parkway does not go over 165. I also have no AC, so that helps a bit with flow to the radiator.

I am sure a new stocker will be just as good, but for the price, and the result...I am sold on this radiator.

I am looking for some clarification...Does the F Body radiator do a better job then a factory radiator? I realize they are priced really well. What type of mods are required to make it work or is it minimal? I'm getting ready ti mount a FMIC, dual fans and may consider this too if it's a better cooling option over stock. Thanks
F-Body Radiator Installation
;) Its a single core aluminum radiator and it will cool better then the stock one for sure.

i have a ford powerstroke IC, external motor and trans oil cooler
on highway no diffrence but a big one in traffic. I keep the stock fan.

cp
Thanks. that's the way I'm going to go until i would have to get a dual fan set up.