You can type here any text you want

Fabricated Fender Wells

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Hot Air

E85 and S.E./Carolinas Moderator
Staff member
Anyone fabricating custom fender wells? Aluminum, fiberglass, or carbon fiber? Working on a GN G-Machine and need clearance for wide front wheels.
Conrad
Hot Air

Man, you really want fender wells:eek:. I would like to eventually make some from CF. The hardest part it making the "plug" dead nuts perfect. Any flaw is exposed like day and night in the mold and any part you pull shows it :mad:. Azgn appears to be able to make them from sheetmetal, not sure of the price. If you don't mind cutting your oem's up I might be able to help you, but I have to finish a project for my buddy first.

CF would definitely trip my trigger. Would have to be molded to clear my Cotton custom 3.5" DP and my 245-40-18 tires. Keep in touch please.

Looking at the fender wells, the PS could be simpified a bunch by relocating the windshield washer and radiator overflow reservoirs. Battery is in the trunk so that is not a problem.

Drivers side would still need to accomodate cruise control and power steering reservoir. Charcoal canister is relocated already so that will not be a problem.

Would consider aluminum (washer, antifreeze, PS) reservoirs so that may or may not be a help.

Conrad

Still interested. Anyone got any ideas?
Conrad

AIRC, some member that's building a radical LS/GN has made them for his project. I don't recall who it is.....
I'm either going to have to make mine, or move the turbo....:(

Back