Factory boost gauge blues (I need the switch)

H

Hit Man X

Does anyone know where I can the the 6PSI+ switch from? That is the one closer to the driver I believe (it has one wire).

I am fimiliar with the two contact-single swicth used on the later Turbo V6's. I am not sure exactly how the three contacts-dual swicthes work (third contact is ground?)

Try removing the connector for the bad swicth and ground it to something. If the yellow/orange light comes on then it is a simple, normally open pressure swicth.

They have been long discontinued by GM, but there should be many subsitutes around. Nitrous Oxide Systems use these types of switches. They are also know as Hobbs swtiches. Find one that operates at the PRESSURE you want. An adjustable unit would be better.

Yeah, we grounded it and the light came on. It is for the 6+PSI switch. The factory ones are adjustable...
Any idea where I can scone a switch like this?
Thanks.

if you are still looking for the switch I found a parts car and the parts are all there .let me know if you still ned one

I will go friday ,I locked the hood down so I should be able to get it for you .I know it is there they may charge me about 5to 8 bucks for it let me know if that is ok.let me know what else is hard to locate for these cars. I have a 84 so everything is different.

Yes that will be fine. Let me know what the shipping cost and I will send you a money order.

should be no more than 2 or 3 bucks I will get it tommrow and send you a private message.glad I could help.

Make sure you guys are talking about the same switch.

Hit Man X was asking about one of the dual boost switches. Travis, if this is for your '82, you need the single boost swicth. I think they changed styles in '81.

The '81/83 single switch is the same one that the 84/87 SFI/Turbo uses with the digital dash.