You can type here any text you want

factory oil pressure gauge? Aftermarket?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

WHITE T

Baer Brake Systems
Guys,

I installed a VDO oil pressure guauge on my TTA recently (I had it of the GN), and it seems like the pressure is 7+ lbs different compared to the factory gauge on the dash?

At hot idle the VDO is just above 10lbs (probably around 12lbs) where the factory guage is showing a little over 20lbs.

I plumbed the VDO in a T by the turbo feed like (just like a buick)...

I did some searching and seems as most rely on the factory piece? Is this what I should do?

I know 12lbs at idle is not bad... just like the TTA readings better :)

Thanks

More than likely its the sending unit thats off.

Its a relative thing, most cars have a lot more than 20 in idle hot. I would switch to a thicker weight oil. Or look into stiffer spring in the oil pump assembly.

You can use a fuel pressure guage on the oil line and see your pressure. Three guages.. two should be close.

At WOT it should be no less than 50-60 PSI

Wanted to add, on mine I added a mechanical guage underneath the hood. I mounted it by the air filter.. was tired to have to look inside the car to see oil pressure when working under the hood.

Razor,

Thanks!

The oil pressure rises well and is over 60 at WOT, just the gauges are never the same and the VDO is considerably lower at idle.

I have another VDO and I will try that as well as another sender...

I thought about adjusting the set screw for the spring in the oil pump (have the TA adjustable) but that would only effect cruise and WOT.

Car seems to be running strong (only at 16#'s right now) that ALKY kit is BAD ASS! :) Will be turning it up shortly.

Thanks

Back