You can type here any text you want

Factory radio/ speaker problems

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Marc87GN

I have never been much of radio guy and I usually leave it to the experts for this reason. Anyway, ever since I bought the car, I have had this problem with the left speakers working great & the right speakers putting out nothing but static. I recently bought all new speakers, 6 in total, and when I turn on the radio, the left sounds great, but the right side is nothing but static except for the rear where I get some sound, but mixed with static. Not sure what to check next so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Marc

Spkr problem

You could have a right side speaker wire touching metal either in the door or on the rear deck somewhere.

If the deck is factory you shouldnt have a short behind the radio. If its aftermarket or the factory harness has been spliced you might check there as well.

I would take each speaker out and hook it directly up to a another audio source ie..home stereo or another car stereo or even the other side of your GN radio that is working.

If the speaker works, and you cant find a short, then its probably your radio.

After looking at the wiring Diagram, I would have to agree that the radio is probably bad. The speakers are all brand new so I would doubt they are problem. I do get voltage at all of the wires so I don't believe there is a short. I would like to keep the facory look so I guess I will hunt around for another deck.

Thanks
Marc

Back