You can type here any text you want

Fan Question

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

gunnervirus

My Car's Too Loud...
Hi everyone,

I have a flex fan on the vega right now, and I was wondering if switching over to a clutch-type fan assembly would increase the cooling and/or gain an extra 1/2 a horse.

Any comments?

Ben

BTW: I made 6 lbs of boost yesterday!! Yay for me!!!:D

you wont be able to tell a difference (if there is one) between the two fans, i suggest an electric fan. i put one in my car and i noticed a big difference and i had a clutch fan. it really reduced drag on the engine and made it respond quicker at the throttle. that and the radiator i got for the car really keeps the engine cool now (temps as low as 130 degrees going back into the engine on a 85 degree day) so there are many benefits to having an electric fan.

it'll also take some stress off the water pump and its bearings.

that and you can get one at ramchargers.com for less than a hundred bucks. my fan of choice is a flex a lit black magic fan and cost me 200 bucks but its been worth every penny, it came with everything i needed to wire it up and has been trouble free since i put it in last summer. mine has an adjustable temp control knob on it so the fan turns on at the temp i want it to come on (180-240 degrees).

if at all possible go with an electric fan.

i dont like fans without shrouds, they are less effecient than ones with shrouds but.......if need be you can find a fan from a fiero, they're pretty small and will do the job. and you can probably pick up a couple of them for the price of that fan from summit.

just an idea.

Back