You can type here any text you want

Fans and Fa*ting?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Rickerbucks

Hi Guys.

I am making progress tuning with the FAST on my LT1 BUT I get a farting, sort of back fire, at tip-in of the throttle. I'm not sure if this is a timing issue or a fuel issue. Anyone?

Also, I have two fans and I find I'm overheating if I let it idle for a long time. It appears to me that the second fan is not coming on. Now I have a piggy back harness and I'm wondering if the FAST is only turning the first fan on.

Now it may be something else because the fan relay is buzzing when the key is on AND the temp is high. It could be a number of things but anyone know if the FAST has anything special to it?

I must say, it is SOOOOOOO much easier to tune with FAST then LT1 Edit.

If you have an LT1, the stock ecu has 2 fan outputs. The FAST only has one. You can get creative in how you tie everything together and run both fans in high speed mode, both in med speed mode, etc. If you study the stock fans wiring/relay diagram you can see that there are ways to do that inside the fans relay box with a simple plug in jumper wire, or change to a n/c relay, or. I don't have the notes here, sorry.

The tip in stumble issue is most likely fueling related.

TurboTR

Back