You can type here any text you want

FAST & Air Conditioniing

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Hot Air

E85 and S.E./Carolinas Moderator
Staff member
I have FAST and want to run the A/C. What wire do I ground to make the A/C compressor run?
Conrad Carter
Sweating in NC heat

Pin A2 on the factory harness. Its green with a yellow tracer, putting it to ground will turn the compressor on, if the temp controls are put to a/c

Norbs,
Thanks for the info.
Conrad

Wanted everyone to know that NAPA has a Hobbs pressure switch, Normally Closed, opens at 4PSI boost that can be wired into the lite green w/yellow stripe wire to shut off compressor while under boost. NAPA P/N 701-1575 and costs about $30.
Conrad Carter

norbs said:
Pin A2 on the factory harness. Its green with a yellow tracer, putting it to ground will turn the compressor on, if the temp controls are put to a/c

I think that wire also goes to the relay on the pass. side fender. I cut that and grounded it...no A/C?? Tried the solid green wire...no A/C??

Would I just cut the wire and ground it? Or do I need to leave it connected and just tap a ground into it??

Wanted everyone to know that NAPA has a Hobbs pressure switch, Normally Closed, opens at 4PSI boost that can be wired into the lite green w/yellow stripe wire to shut off compressor while under boost. NAPA P/N 701-1575 and costs about $30.
Conrad Carter

i meant to ask you about the hobbs switch you used on your car. i'm glad you posted the part # cause i'm sure after it being 2 yrs you would have forgotten about it.

I got my A/C working but i'm worried about even mashing the gas so i don't kill the a/c compressor by over revving it. i know that it has a high pressure switch that should take care of it but i like having it turn off at a low boost setting like 3-4 psi

Pat,
I had forgotten that I had published the P/N. Glad you found it. Guess it is better to be lucky than good!
Conrad

ps...I really appreciate the parking space last Sat afternoon at Grille 57.

Back