FAST and communicating with factory sensors

hemi8

Goin Sideways
The stock ecm looks for oil pressure, crank sensor and cam sensor info before it will allow the engine to start right? What does FAST look for? What under the hood sensors can be removed and not affect the FAST system besides the egr, evap. canister, MAP sensor etc.
oil pressure sensor?
Does FAST control the fan turn on via the factory temp. sensor for the fan?
Looking to clean things up and eliminate all unnecessary items.

Mike

You will need to keep the factory CTS, ATS (relocated), TPS, IAC (optional), Cam and Crank Sensor (depending on ignition type). The factory MAP will be removed and replaced with 3, 4, or 5 bar.

Thanks Cal, so I can remove the single green wire fan temp sensor from the intake and the factory oil pressure sensor from the front cover? Should I place the ATS in the intake pipe just before the TB or in the plenum?

Mike

You may at may not want to remove them. They are wired to the dash "idiot" lights.
I prefer the ATS in the plenum, but you can put it in the up pipe.

Minor nit, the stock ecm does not read oil pressure. In the sending unit there is a sensor for the idiot light and two contacts that are connected together above about 7 psi that are wired in parallel to the fuel pump relay contacts as a back up, so if the relay fails the engine will keep running to get you home.