You can type here any text you want

FAST CLASSIC/XFI ICT FILE PACKAGES

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

norbs

Classic fast, XFI, SPortsman & MS3 programming
Alot of people are having trouble setting some of the warm up and afterstart settings. I have put together some generic AE fuel and warmup/afterstart file packages that can be pasted in your present tune. Please use caution as the tune could be way off depending on injector size and each combo is a bit different. You load your existing GCT. then use the paste from file tab in the top left of the file menu.. Any issues please feel free to comment. You will have to 1st unzip the files and place them in your ICT folder within c-com.

(correction these will not work in classic fast because there is no paste to file menu for appended files, but should be compatible between XFI 1.34 and 2.0) The individual files should work with classic fast not the packages. (appended means more hiddenfiles within one file name)

Attachments

Sorry these a presently set for 96;s with stage II heads, so they might a bit rich for your application, since the head flow gang busters...but they are really modifiers of your fuel ve table also.

Here are some idle files, I am having problems to install as a package you will have to install the files 1 by 1 at a time.

Attachments

ironically, i found it better not even to use the warm up enrichment vs, coolant temp- i just use the afterstart for the whole cold start routine

Well this is a not a good thing because if you want to use the new 2.0 features you can;t have closed loop cold start with afterstart present. After start is supposed to be short term 1-2 min and warm up long term several minutes. Afterstart is used after a hot soak also where warm-up isn;t.

i dont use the closed loop cold start, it starts at about 10.8 a/f at 50* then gradually reaches 12.5 right before closed loop enables at 121*. To each his own i guess.

i dont use the closed loop cold start, it starts at about 10.8 a/f at 50* then gradually reaches 12.5 right before closed loop enables at 121*. To each his own i guess.
Use whatever your comfortable with, and works for you.:cool:

the XFI should offset these tables when punching in a new injector size, the inj pulswidth always has the same opening time

for instance, if i take a 96lb tune and type in 65's, it should be able to scale the pulswidth accordingly so we dont have to re tune all the tables. I believe this is the same for the VE table, which shouldnt change due to injector size

am i making sense? lol

the XFI should offset these tables when punching in a new injector size, the inj pulswidth always has the same opening time

for instance, if i take a 96lb tune and type in 65's, it should be able to scale the pulswidth accordingly so we dont have to re tune all the tables. I believe this is the same for the VE table, which shouldnt change due to injector size

am i making sense? lol
That is in theory, but not in the real world, some injectors flow a little more or less at certain PW's It will be close but not close enough....you will definitely need a re-tune. .

When swapping injector size, I have found you can almost always get it close enough that the car won't run any diferent just by changing the injector size and a few tables. When I say "close enough", I mean so close the O2 is keeping it at the Target A/F and the Adaptive Learn can clean up the VE table.
On a typical turbo Buick, when swapping injectors, I only change the injector size in the Fuel Calc Parameters and adjust the injector offset in Inj Opening offset vs Bat Voltage. I then trim the Cranking Fuel Table, AE vs TPS Rate of Change, & AE vs MAP Rate of Change by the appropriate percentage.

When swapping injector size, I have found you can almost always get it close enough that the car won't run any diferent just by changing the injector size and a few tables. When I say "close enough", I mean so close the O2 is keeping it at the Target A/F and the Adaptive Learn can clean up the VE table.
On a typical turbo Buick, when swapping injectors, I only change the injector size in the Fuel Calc Parameters and adjust the injector offset in Inj Opening offset vs Bat Voltage. I then trim the Cranking Fuel Table, AE vs TPS Rate of Change, & AE vs MAP Rate of Change by the appropriate percentage.

Great info Cal.

Back