You can type here any text you want

Fast, contracting a tuner ?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

JonS

So I am -><- clsoe to buying a fast system, b2b with WB for my boosted app. I'm sure as a lot of other poeple like me, as I am buying it from a shop out of town where they are shipping me all of the components.

One aspect to buying a FAST/DFI system is recieving some level of install/tuning support. Questions ...

1) To what extent are vendors supporting your tuning needs? simple questions vai phone/email? Hands on tuning?

2) What questions did you ask the seller/tuner before you purchased, from a tuning and service perspective? What questions would you have liked to ask before things got started?

Thanks
Jon

Originally posted by JonS
1) To what extent are vendors supporting your tuning needs? simple questions vai phone/email? Hands on tuning?

2) What questions did you ask the seller/tuner before you purchased, from a tuning and service perspective? What questions would you have liked to ask before things got started?
Thanks
Jon

I bought my system threw Conley's. Lawrence has come to the track with me after any change to the car have been made until the program is right. As many times as is needed. I also get to learn some of the stuff but he still probable forgot more than I will know about the system. I also have to thank Harry Hruska for his help, Harry is also a standup guy in my opinion.

So I have to say my service has been FIRST CLASS! I'm sure Lawrence had other things he wanted to do on weekends than come to the track with me :)

As for your second question. Yes Lawrence and I talked about what I could expect from him and what the system could do for me before hand, along with other changes I have made to the car over the years.

I think what ever vendor you buy from you need to have a talk with before any major spending to see what you will get and what you can expect. Also what the final cost will be.

Good Luck

i just bought mine from dan at white racing. he has been real helpfull so far. hope i don't wear out my welcome with stupid questions. seems that there would be a more helpfull manual for us newbees

I live in Mass, and I bought mine from a shop in Florida (force EFI). Obviously no "in person" assistance. However this vendor comitted to help me over the phone.

I didn't need much assistance, because I'd already been playing with the demo version of the software and had a good grasp on how it worked. But he did set aside time for me during "off hours" over the weekend just to help me out.

The tuning went very well, and the system got up & running very quicly & smoothly.

If you haven't already downloaded the software, I would try it- you can get the FAST software at their website www.fuelairspark.com .

No matter who you choose or which system you decide to purchase, I think that everyone will agree- the dealers like to "help those who help themselves". Put an honest effort into trying to figure it out yourself first, then only call them for the stuff you just can't seem to grasp. Not only will you get a better understanding of the system, but they will be more willing to help on the stuff where you will need it.

-Bob Cunningham
bobc@gnttype.org

Back