You can type here any text you want

fast data logging bug

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

norbs

Classic fast, XFI, SPortsman & MS3 programming
I have noticed this, if you do a data log, and turn the ignition off, the data log is lost, and even the temp log is lost. On the Dos version the log is saved in the temp directory, and you can save the data. Anyway to avoid this?

Hey Norb

Why not just save the stuff before you turn the ignition off?

It only takes a second or two.

i usually forget, and am used to the dos version.

I know a racer that had exactly the same problem. He was running a 7.9 sec stang and had a data logger. When he moved to the windows from Dos he went through a lot of frustration with this happening.

He would immediately turn the car off after a run down the track and had about 10 runs before he and I figured out the problem. He was VERY frustrated about this "problem". basically considered the 10 runs a waste of time given he was unable to log them.

I'm not sure what he is doing now. He just likes to keep the motot runnning for as short a period of time as possible.

As for me I don't run the motor. I have a fuel switch in the car and shut the fuel off. This stops the motor while I save the data.

Take Care

good thinking Neal.....for once i am gonna listen to you. SO basically i need to interupt the fuel pump relay with a switch

You should probably call your FAST dealer and find out what version of the datalogger you have. You can remove power from the data logger now and it will save the last run. You can actually take it out of the car and read it on the bench with a 9V battery. The FAST datalogger is very simple to use once you understand how it works.

The seperate FAST datalogger is an awesome little addition. I'm pretty sure though that Norbs is talking about datalogging with C-com WP and a laptop in the car. I had the same problem until I bought the seperate datalogger.

Now the problem I have is that I can't adjust the trigger point in the datalogger setup screen.

Originally posted by 10SV6
The seperate FAST datalogger is an awesome little addition. I'm pretty sure though that Norbs is talking about datalogging with C-com WP and a laptop in the car. I had the same problem until I bought the seperate datalogger.

Now the problem I have is that I can't adjust the trigger point in the datalogger setup screen.

Check out how you have the data link set up. It is important that the lap top trigger and the data logger logging be the same or it won't work. I to have the data logger and love it. Please check out your trigger in your lap top I think that is your trouble. Don't ask how I know. :)

The logger works fine for me. The only problem I have is that I can't change the trigger threshold. It's set at 51. I can slide the bar with the mouse but the value always goes back to 51. This is using C-Com WP and Windows XP.

The external datalogger has made me really like the Windows version of C-com. Before I put it in I'd always used the DOS version because of the PITA of have to save the datalog before shutting the car off. If the adrenaline is flowing after a pass that's one of the things that's tough to remember.

Paul

The threshold point you can't adjust is because the slider bar you use to adjust this value works differently in XP than in other versions of Windows. That's one of the features that is actually an operating system function rather than an application function, and we missed it. Problem has been corrected in the version of C-ComWP set to be released.

Norbs, I was unaware that the data log would be lost if you killed the car during the log. As soon as power comes back on in our building I will play with this and see what I find.

I'm really starting to HATE power failures! :mad: :mad: :mad:

I even had a few cases, where i saved the log, and when i tried to view it , it comes back with all the sensors showing 0. So, i'm back to the dos version. When is the "L" key coming back in the windows verison???????

I notice the "no save" also if I shut off the ignition.

What about this....
How can you end a log early and still be able to save it ? If I have it set for a 5 min log, but want to stop it at 3 min and save, it doesn't work. If I click on X, it prompts you to save and put in a save name, but when you open it or the temp file, nothing is there? If I set the log time shorter, then I find I want to log more...you can't win !!

Anyone know how to do this ? ?

Thanks Regards, Clem

i did the same thing yesterday, saved the log, came up empty again, if you stopped it before the time ran out. Someone has to do some changes to the software to fix this. Craig you out there?

Norbs, what version of C-ComWP are you using? I will see what happens with this as soon as I can, whenever that may be.

Criag, its the newest version 1.005. Thanks for looking into it, it can be frustrating at times, especially when you save the log and all the sensors are they're from the orginal log, showing all zero's

Having the same problem here blank datalogs if you stop early and save the file. What if I need to shut the motor off early for mechanical purposes I loose a crucial datalog that my have pointed to the reason for mechanical failure. Maybe the new version will address this. Just my thoughts......

Try letting the datalog timeout and then right click on the window and save it, thats how I got it to work. If I stop it early it will ask if I want to save it but it does'nt.

Jason

Back