You can type here any text you want

FAST Datalogging with laptop at track - timeout ?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

vtec4gs

Hey guys,

I know Craig's been busy cause I emailed him a while back but he's prolly really swamped, anyway I keep trying to datalog while making a pass at the track, its a full blown racecar so it obviously vibrates alot form the hard poly mounts, I seat the laptop on top of clothing and leave the screen open. I hit the spacebar to begin logging right before the burnout or I would forget if I tried to do it before staging. At the end of the track I hit the escape but can;t see whats on the laptop, helmet, etc ... when I come around the return road to save the file there is only like 5 secs of datalogging as if it timeed out and started recording again ??? this only happens at the track, if I'm on the dyno it datalogs no problem.

Is this just because there is too much vibration or is there a timeout feature ? anyone know.

PS: it sucks cause I lost the last NHRA semi's because car was running lean and I had no idea which maps were used, tried richening all of them and still wasn;t enough although the car ran a good 3/10ths quicker it was still lean.

Some are telling me to velcro the laptop, but if its vibration then thats not gonna help ...

thanks,
Greg

Datalogging??

Go to datalog, clik on realtime datalog setup. Look at the choices there. Set the time and the number of frames you need. Also, you can set the trigger using the tps %, rpm, etc. Lots of choices!

HTH,;) ;)

Greg, you should consider the ECU Data Logger it works great! It cost about $300 but I bet you would have easily paid that at the last NHRA race. you don't need the laptop in the car!

BigAl...

I haven't actually used the datalogging yet, haven't started the car yet. I have seen that it has an auto-trigger setup to start the log for you, maybe when the trigger is no longer satisfied it stops for you as well?

thanks for the responses guys, all fully well taken. But I did start the logging using both features, the manual trigger (i.e. spacerbar and ESC) as well as the auto triggers, i.e. >90% TPS, etc. both resulted in the same outcome where there was barely 5 secs of steady recording. I'll look again at the time to records setting, but its weird that it happens everytime not just this time in the semis but during testing, etc.

I also didn't invest in the logger yet because I'm waiting for the new version of FAST to comeout just in case the logger isn;t compatible with the new FAST system so that I can get everything new and sell this one.

Its tough running this system with the naturally aspirated individual runner setup thats why I can;t wait for the new system. Craig is fully against using speed-density/map reading for individual runner systems, he said to use TPS but the loads in 4th gear vs. 1st gear require a huge difference in fuel, so we had to make it work with the map reading and a vaccum canister, using speed density, we get a good 4 -5 lines of vaccum map to control fuel delivery and hardly any of the cells are shared for each gear, so it works decent. I have a feeling the new system will prolly have a setup where you can take a specific voltage from the map sensor and build a whole map from that voltage, like if the best vaccum/load we can get is 1.0v from the map sensor then we can build the entire fuel and timing maps for 0 to 1 volts from the map sensor readings.

Greg

Back