You can type here any text you want

Fast just quit??

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

rtviper

I was just making progress on tunning my car and then it died. I started up the car drove it about 100 feet with the datalog started and it shut off like the key was turned off. It would not start or even fire at all. The laptop would only say "ecu not found". Everything is plugged in but the ecu is not working. Where do I start. The unit is a new sequential with about 75 miles on it Thanks again and again etc etc

In the wiring harness there is a 3 amp fuse that blew on my in the same way so I would check there first.Its about 1 foot back from the main harness.Good luck.

Is the fuse in the harness that comes from the fast to the stock ecu? Or in the harness that goes into the engine compartment?

rtviper said:
Is the fuse in the harness that comes from the fast to the stock ecu? Or in the harness that goes into the engine compartment?
Sounds like your using some sort of adaptor harness. Look for switched ignition on pin L3

I just found out there is no fuse in the harness for the fast. The harness hooks up to the old ecu and the fuse for the ecu and ignition are fine. I have no injector signal or spark as well as the response " no ecu found" when I try to connect with my laptop. Is there any way of testing the fast unit without sending it back to fast as they suggested? Is this an unusual situation, is the fast unit usually reliable. I have about 3 hours of time on this fast mostly tuning.

Thanks guys you got me going in the right direction. After checking all the wiring and grounds I checked the fusable link that is by the battery. It looked good but the wire inside the outer casing was broken. Got lucky by taking the fuse apart and noticed one side of the link would flop over like there was nothing inside of it. The outer layer was intact but the wire inside broken?? Thanks again

Back