You can type here any text you want

FAST launch adjustment????

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

DRAGRACR

Can someone point me in the direction of the table/tables that I need to work on for a snappier launch?? Just seems that it is lugging on launch. Any help would be appreciated. This is for a N/A 357 ci LT1. 445RWHP.

Using a wide band can help here.

Adjust your A/F so that you are not bogging the motor with fuel.

A lot of times this is a cell tuning issue on the VE map. Do a data log and log the VE and AF ratios, both target and actual. Then overlay the datalog on the VE table. The cells in the upper lefthand quarter of the grid are where you need to do the tuning.

In addition to the suggestions above, if you are running Speed-Density - maybe low vacuum conditions.

We run Alpha-N which seems to work well.

In alpha-n will it translate my tables from speed density to that, or will I have to start over ?? Also, am I supposed to remove the map sensor from drawing air from the manifold to outside air??

Thanks for the replies.

If the car is fairly streetable, I would stick with speed-density.

The biggest thing that affects "snappiness" is frequently the AE tables- check your AE vs. TPS, and if boosted then check your AE vs. MAP.

-Bob Cunningham

Thanks Bob, my graph at 0% tps starts at 55%, angles to 0% by 36% tps, and then is at 0% enrichment till 50, if you can follow that. Does this sound right?? Where should I begin tweaking the tables and which direction??

Thanks!

Back