You can type here any text you want

FAST question????

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

88GTAinRI

Tried starting my GTA today after winter hibernation. I have a bank-to-bank system in it. The battery died at some point over the winter and the car will not start now. I didn't get too invloved into trobleshooting it yet. I'll get a new battery tomorrow. My question is this. If the battery goes stone cold dead, do I need to set-up my FAST system over again? I noticed when I put battery pack on the car the fan came on as soon as the key was turned on. Also only had 7psi of fuel pressure, I don't think that is on the FAST end, but the pump just keeps running.

You might have blown a fuse somewhere, becuase mine does the same if you remove the ecm battery power fuse. It loses fan control and fuel pump control in that situation

Battery voltage is probably still too low. The ECU will not lose it memory.

Correct, the programming won't change. At least it should not. Don't understand why Norb's system would have hiccups.

Originally posted by norbs
You might have blown a fuse somewhere, becuase mine does the same if you remove the ecm battery power fuse. It loses fan control and fuel pump control in that situation

Give this gentleman a cigar. Blown ignition fuse. I used the the fuse that powered the factory ECM, 12v+ switched. The bad news is it keeps popping fuses until I unplug the FN' FAST ECM. The pink wire powers the Relay and the ECM. It couldn't have just been a shorted relay, right :rolleyes: . Well time to send the ECM back too FAST, again. This ECM has 10X the miles via UPS than it does in the car :mad: .

SOrry but i don't smoke. Send me a six pack of wideband o2 sensors:) instead. Does this power also control power to the injectors? Unplug the red wire to the injectors then plug in the fast box see if it goes away. You could have a shorted injector coil?

Thank you for your help. I'll try that in the morning. I'm not touching anything else tonight. :mad: If you only knew the history of problems I've had with this box. Does FAST make a wiring diagragm of the entire circuit like the one I get of the factory circuit?

Oh yeah, good info on that page in your sig.

Back