Fast Turbo Buicks at the track in South Florida....

86brick

It's just a V6 Brick.....
Went to the local track tonight (Moroso) and got to see some fast Turbo Buicks running...... Ricardo LaCosta was there with his beautiful Stage II twin turbo '86 WH1 T-type and I saw him run an 8.77 @155mph on his first pass of the night and then his second pass I saw but something was wrong with the tree and the clock didn't show what he ran, however I heard it was an 8.40 pass @157mph!!! One thing I'd like to mention is how cool Ricardo and his good friend Lee were showing me and my buddy the motor and answering any and all of the dumb questions we asked.... They are really classy guys who are very down to Earth although they both have probably forgotten more about Turbo Buicks than I may ever know! The other fast Turbo Buick I saw run was Orlando's stock block iron headed GN..... On his first and only pass of the night with the new PT-70 GTQ turbo he ran 10.11 @134mph and in typical Orlando fashion this was with 35lbs of boost and he still has that little and pretty damn old Lunati 205/205 flat tappet cam!!!:D Keep in mind the car spun pretty bad out of the hole because of the usual sh!tty track prep at Moroso, but with a better 60' this car would have easily made a 9 second pass!!! Orladno plans on going to a bigger cam in the near future because he feels that little 205/205 cam is maxed out at 134mph.... There were some other Turbo Buicks there and I did get to see WakkoSS (Ian) run his GN in street trim and make one pass of a 12.94 @104mph, but then the damn rain came and ended the night early for everybody:( All in all it was a pretty good night and there were some other Turbo Buick guys there watching like Roy "Boost" Garcia, Freddy, and Alex (TurboGN2002) so despite the crappy weather I enjoyed watching some fast Turbo Buicks:) :cool:

A buddy of mine took his twin turbo stang there last night as well.Only got 2 runs in and both were worthless.He described the track as an "ice skating rink".So for them to even get down the track is impressive in itself.

Originally posted by Brian Schauder
A buddy of mine took his twin turbo stang there last night as well.Only got 2 runs in and both were worthless.He described the track as an "ice skating rink".So for them to even get down the track is impressive in itself.

Was this twin turbo stang a red SN95 GT??

That would be the one.I guess you found him amongst the ricer party.I thought he would have blended right in with the fast and furious crowd.

Originally posted by Brian Schauder
That would be the one.I guess you found him amongst the ricer party.I thought he would have blended right in with the fast and furious crowd.

Yeah I saw him make one pass and he was all over the place (that car is obviously making some power).... There was also a black newer body style Stang that had a single turbo (76mm) mod motor and it had some white stickers on it that said "Turbopeople.com" which is Job Spetter's shop in NY.... That Stang was making 8 second license passes on a drag radial and was also all over the place, but I did see it make one clean pass at the end of the night (8.90).... There was also another newer body Stang with a supercharged motor (might have also been a mod motor) that was making some pretty crazy passes as well.... Tell your friend if he wants to see the true potential of his car that he should take it up to Bradenton Motorsports Park where they know how to prep a track and give a sh!t about whether your car hooks or not!!!

I was fourth in line to go when the damn rain came. 1 lousy pass with a closed dump, 32psi and 15#s of boost. I'm pleased with the time though. My new days off for work are Tuesday and Wednesday so I'm going to plan on doing a little more test and tune with her.

I talked to a few different TR people there, but everyone was pretty busy with the cars....did we chat at all?:confused:

Don't think so, but I did see you make the one pass and your GN looks very nice with the stock rims!:cool: :)