You can type here any text you want

FAST wont connect???????

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

87we410877

Ok im really getting fed up with this car. Everything is a damn problem. I bought the friggin 42 dollar USB to Serial adapter to hook up the bank to bank after a search finding thats the one i needed. Figure it will be fine so waited a few days to test it and today i went out and every time i try to connect, a box with a red x comes up and says COMM OPEN. So i changed it to the other comm's (1,2,3,4) and 3 works. I tried the USP cable in all three of my ports in the laptop and in every one it says ECU not found. WTF!!!!! What the heck is wrong with this thing? I have a track rental on tuesday and this is typical of my luck. Any help would be great. I wouldnt be suprised if my thousand dollar laptop is the only one that doesnt work with fast. :rolleyes:

Whats the model of the cable and the operating system your usising. YOu have to make sure you see serial usb port in the device manager when you plug in the device. If not you need some more drivers for it to work.

Whats the model of the cable and the operating system your usising. YOu have to make sure you see serial usb port in the device manager when you plug in the device. If not you need some more drivers for it to work.

The cable is a Keyspan USA-19HS high speed serial adapter. The operating system Windows XP. Whats a device manager? I am very very computer illiterate and need to be told where to point and click. Thanks alot for helping.

Try this first and see if it shows its ok:

Now that your serial device is connected to the Keyspan adapter, you should check to see if the
Keyspan serial port is installed correctly.
To do this, open the Keyspan Serial Assistant (in Start menu -> Programs -> Keyspan USB
Serial Adapter -> Keyspan Serial Assistant). When you open the
Keyspan Serial Assistant, you will see the following window:
the Keyspan Serial Assistant window
If your Keyspan hardware and software are installed correctly, you will see your adapter in the
'Adapter Status' tab box. You should also see the COM port number (ie COM1, COM2, etc.)
and the COM Port Status.(IDLE or BUSY).
The COM port number and its COM port Status message are very important to configuring
your serial device.
The COM port Status is the state of the Keyspan serial port. All serial ports have two states,
BUSY (aka "In Use") or IDLE (aka "Available"). When serial port is IDLE, the port is available
for use by any serial device's software. When a COM port is BUSY, the serial port is in use by
software and therefore not available to other programs.
The COM port number is the address of the Keyspan serial port. In order for any serial device to
communicate via the Keyspan adapter, that serial device's software must be told to use the Keyspan
COM port number.
If you see your COM port number and its COM port Status, proceed to Step 4. If you do not
see either of these items, proceed Problem Solving section in this manual.

Here is the complete manual if you lost it or something, the leds should tell you whats up also.

http://www.keyspan.com/downloads-files/usa19hs/docs/KeyspanUSA19HforWindowsv34.pdf

Thanks so much!!!!!!!!!!!! Turns out the serial connector was on com 4. I didnt even try that one since there is only 3 USB ports. I guess that doesnt have anything to do with it. Thanks again!!! Much appreciated.

Back