You can type here any text you want

FAST XFI AC detection

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

parsonsj

Hi guys,

I'm not a Turbo Buick guy, but I noticed a lot of you are using the FAST XFI, and Cal Hartline did the initial tune for my setup (n/a 427 LS2 in my 67 Nova)

Anyway, I just got off the phone with FAST Tech Support, and they told me their documentation is wrong for their AC detect input.

I've been wrapping up my Vintage Air install, and that meant I was working to integrate my ECU with the AC. The XFI box supports max temp and max TPS for AC clutch enable (so when the car gets hot, or you're at WOT the AC compressor gets turned off).

It also supports AC detect, so you can have the ECU raise the idle speed when the AC is on. Well... before I put all my interior back into place, I was testing those circuits and I couldn't get the AC detect circuit to work. The documentation says to pull pin A24 to ground when the A/C switches on. That just didn't work, and I pulled my wiring apart trying to figure out why. Finally, I called FAST this morning to get an RGA number so I could ship the box to them since I was sure I'd burned out the ECU or something.

Anyway, the guy goes: "I have some notes here about that.... You are supposed to send 12V to pin A24, not pull it to ground." :eek:

FAST is working to correct their documentation.

I thought this might save some time for folks trying to get their AC detect circuit working.

Oh, and one more thing: that 12V means 12V, not 11.5V. I was trying to test without running the engine and the XFI refused to see turn on AC detect until I got it 12.1V.

jp

Back