You can type here any text you want

Fast XFI at PRI

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Jackson

Forgive me if this has been posted. A quick search of 'Fast XFI' on the message board didn't return anything.

Bad Photo:
http://ls2.org/photo/showphoto.php?photo=240&sort=1&cat=505&page=2

* single ecu capable of batch or sequential
* software select ignition system (optispark, HEI, DIS, etc..). No sending back for firmware upgrades.
* software selection of cell resolution

The software on the PC was alpha but was able to demo it for me. All in all it looked competitive to the current/next generation of systems on the market.

My main questions consisted of upgrade paths. How can existing customers upgrade to the current system. Does it mandate a new harness or are the pin-outs compatable? Will there be "official" training for the new system. All of which these questions went un-answered. I can imagine they're still working out the business ends of these questions/decisions.

Just a few minute demonstration was pretty interesting to see. The fast guys were a pleasure to talk with.

I talked with them as well at PRI and asked the retrofit question. The box alone will be about $2000. They will supply you with a pinout chart to wire in your current harness to the new box.

I was told it would be released in January, but I did not ask what year. :rolleyes:

I did not even bother with the training question as over the years I have gotten tired of the same answer; "Everything you need to know is in the help files."

Looked like a nice system though and I may consider upgrading.

What are the new features????????did you ask?

a few features the xfi has that I know of scalable cells, some built in diagnostics to tell you a sensor is bad ect. xtra channels built in for data logging. I believe it takes the newer style lsu4 type 02 sensor too.

it will not plug in to the old fast harness (different connector) they are really shooting for a late January release.

Doug

Originally posted by plumber
a few features the xfi has that I know of scalable cells, some built in diagnostics to tell you a sensor is bad ect. xtra channels built in for data logging. I believe it takes the newer style lsu4 type 02 sensor too.

it will not plug in to the old fast harness (different connector) they are really shooting for a late January release.

Doug

This was something that was demo'd for me. Very cool stuff. There were some new tables/functions as well.

-j

How about mph datalogging, lock up control, dual fan control, a/c clutch control, and better iac controls?atmospheric compensation? boost builder ?2 stage rev limiter?

a couple more things it has,

switch selectable tune ups
boost control
converter lockup control
air conditioning idle function
supports 1,2,3,4 and 5 bar map sensors
can data log fuel pressure, egt, oil pressure ect.

Doug

Back