You can type here any text you want

FAST XFI (Closed Loop Boost Control)

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Mad_Trbo

Am I to understand there is an updated version of FAST XFI that has closed loop boost control?

Thanks

Fyi

Cal indicated there is no official release.

Which confuses me because they(FAST _ Fuel Air Spark ) talk about closed loop boost control in version 1.33 I think. I have to go back and look though.

It looks like if you download vs 1.333 located here http://www.fuelairspark.com/Products/Information/Software.asp there is some sort of closed loop check box located under boost control.

How it works is my next question.

Here's the scoop. Boost control can be ran 3 ways.

The first method is similar to the factory ecm. It is "Open Loop" mode and pulses the wastegate solenoid whatever percentage you program off of the boost table using TPS vs MPH

The next method uses the MAP sensor and pulses the wastegate solenoid on and off to maintain a certain percentage of your MAP scale (i.e. 50% on a 300kpa setup would be 150kpa or a little over 7 psi. This is similar to "Manifold Mode" on an Innovative setup and is prone to overshooting.

The last method uses an Analog input and pulses the wastegate solenoid on and off to maintain a certain percentage of the analog's 5 volt range (i.e. 50% would be 2.5 volts at the sensor). This is similar to "Wastegate Mode" and IMO is the most accurate.

There are a lot more details that would be too lengthy to post. I suggest contacting your vendor for specifics.

Here's the scoop. Boost control can be ran 3 ways.

The first method is similar to the factory ecm. It is "Open Loop" mode and pulses the wastegate solenoid whatever percentage you program off of the boost table using TPS vs MPH

The next method uses the MAP sensor and pulses the wastegate solenoid on and off to maintain a certain percentage of your MAP scale (i.e. 50% on a 300kpa setup would be 150kpa or a little over 7 psi. This is similar to "Manifold Mode" on an Innovative setup and is prone to overshooting.

The last method uses an Analog input and pulses the wastegate solenoid on and off to maintain a certain percentage of the analog's 5 volt range (i.e. 50% would be 2.5 volts at the sensor). This is similar to "Wastegate Mode" and IMO is the most accurate.

There are a lot more details that would be too lengthy to post. I suggest contacting your vendor for specifics.

Cal thanks for the update.

Do they provide any extra tables to help with the tuning process. I can't see how one might set the closed loop mode with just the two tables provided currently under boost control. I would think with either of the last two modes you described you would need a set up similar to that used on the closed loop AFR system.

what about the vendor you purchased your XFI from, are they not able to answer all your questions, or help you with it?

I'll follow up with the vendor, thanks! Previously they weren't a big advocate of the boost control feature. Perhaps it is time to circle back and see if anything has changed.

Thanks for the feedback.

I wonder if the XFI can run its boost control in sync with the E85 Flexfuel sensor so that it could raise/lower boost depending upon the mix???

e85 sensor

I have heard there are ways to incorporate the e85 sensor. Whether it allows for alternate boost control scenarios or timing and fueling I don't know. A person to ask would be Mr Cal Hartline.

Also may want to take a look under the e85 section there may be light there.

Back