You can type here any text you want

Fast xfi install ?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

434nova

Ok im finally getting the time to do the swap. I am going from a translator plus with ls1 maf to a xfi. Couple questions. 1 when I unplug the maf can I leave it there even though I am not using it or will it cause some air restriction? Reason why I ask is cause if I remove it my filter will be to short from where its resting at untill I can get a longer pipe. Also I see a harness that goes from the trans plus to the coil packs what do I do with the harness once i disconnect it, does it plug somewhere else on the car? I bought the car with the trans plus setup so I am not familiar with what was done to install it. Will I need to disconnect anything else on the trans plus setup so it wont interfere with the xfi. Thanks in advance

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

You can leave the MAF in place until you get a longer pipe. Only a minor restriction. That harness that goes from the T+ over to the ingnition module is just for the timing adjustments in the T+ and can be removed. Just plug the original plug back into the module when the plug-n-play harness from the T+ is removed.

Back