You can type here any text you want

FAST XFI Points Light Not on.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Cheeseburger

Went to fire up the car today and it would not start, checked for spark and i have none.
Checked most everything over and i noticed while cranking my points light on the xfi is out, it is also out on the 7-2al2 plus.......
Any ideas?
Thanks.

Just for the info, car used to fire up real quick when the box was brand new and had faded to hard starting (20 cranks to start) and now.........no start and no spark....

Are your cam and crank lights flashing as well as your injector lights?

Are your cam and crank lights flashing as well as your injector lights?

The crank light flashes red and the cam light flashes, funny thing i just checked it and the points light did come on after a bunch of cranks and the light on the msd came on as well but not tell i tried it a bunch of times.
Sometimes they come on and most of the time they do not, seems hit and miss.
The car did not start when they were both on..........

My 3rd XFI..

Am installing box #3...
Box 1 took a crap..No points signal = no fire, no inj.
Box 2 took a crap..No wb op. Engine runs, but no tuning tried, due to no wb.
Box 3??? Who knows. :mad:

Have you tried bypassing the MSD and see if there is some interference between the MSD and FAST?

"Have you tried bypassing the MSD and see if there is some interference between the MSD and FAST"?

Not sure how i would bypass the msd ignition and get the car to start.:confused:
Looks like i am going to send the box back to fast, might as well blow some more $$ on it and upgrade it too 2.0 as well.
I think it does not have the latest flashes as well, so i assume that well be done when i send it back.
I should have payed more attention when i got the box, because the date of manufacture is over a year older then the date on my receipt when received......kinda strange.....

Usually there is a by-pass plug for the MSD.

Sorry, the MSD 7-AL 2 does not have any provision for a by-pass.

Mike, I "assume" you have the power and ground leads from the XFI and MSD wired directly to the battery?

Also, do you have spark and/or injector pulse on the engine?

Update>>>

Am installing box #3...
Box 1 took a crap..No points signal = no fire, no inj.
Box 2 took a crap..No wb op. Engine runs, but no tuning tried, due to no wb.
Box 3??? Who knows. :mad:

Got box #3..Uploaded program. Green lite only.. No start, nada, zip.
Went BACK to box #2...Fired right up.

Got a dist from FAST,[they said the Vertex was at fault], took the Vertex look alike out, rewired everything, hooked up box #3...NADA.
Went back to box #2..GTG.

I find it really hard to believe we've received 3 boxes that are all FUBAR.:mad:

This is getting so bad, the next stop is to jerk the entire system out, and install the "twist to tune" Carabine system....

Oh ya, the customer is "absolutely delighted" w/ the delays....:rolleyes:

NE1 have any suggestions??? I'm outta ideas.

Chuck: This is where buying the system from a vendor who can support it comes into play. Like I told you on the phone today, I am pretty sure I know what was wrong with boxes 1 & 3. And given time, I may be able to figure out #2. Let me know if I was right.

Mike: If you bought the box from me, PM me the date of manufacture. We never have boxes sitting around more than a week.

U r..

Chuck: This is where buying the system from a vendor who can support it comes into play. Like I told you on the phone today, I am pretty sure I know what was wrong with boxes 1 & 3. And given time, I may be able to figure out #2. Let me know if I was right.

Mike: If you bought the box from me, PM me the date of manufacture. We never have boxes sitting around more than a week.

CORRECTO!!:D
The "support" was to be provided by the vendor that packaged the injection system w/ the XFI....

Got word last nite that box 3 "may not" have had the option installed when it was shipped from Memphis. [This confirmed your comment]...
Today, there's "supposed " to be a file emailed so we can upload it, to allow the 2.0 enable..
Obviously there was "stuff" missing in box 1...:mad:
I'll keep you in the loop.:cool:

THANKS for the help!

A loose connection at the xfi pin outs turned out to be the problem it seemed, A2 pin out had the wrong size pin in it.
So..........car was running, took it to the gas station drove back home parked it in the driveway and .............it won't start.
Redid pins A1-A4 which lead to my cam/crank triggers +/- and it still won't start.........this is getting tiring......
No inj lights are coming on and no points output.........
Any ideas?

You will not get injector p/w or points output until you get a crank signal. If you are using a stock crank sensor, the signal needs to go to A-8 and A=4 needs to be grounded. If you are running a distributor, it needs to be wired to A-3 and A-7 needs to be grounded. If you are running the factory style ignition then the signal goes to A-7 and A-3 needs to be grounded.

Back