You can type here any text you want

Feeding the block with oil

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

gnxtc2

Staff member
I'm up in the air with this: should I feed the block from the front or both (front and rear).

Also: Is there any billet remote oil filter mounts with dual outlets besides the PermaCool (it's cast aluminum) that you guys are aware of?

Thanks

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

I'm up in the air with this: should I feed the block from the front or both (front and rear).

Also: Is there any billet remote oil filter mounts with dual outlets besides the PermaCool (it's cast aluminum) that you guys are aware of?

Thanks

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

Feed from front.
Roy and Laz use some Billet one that uses a huge filter not sre of the brand,but it has been msntioned on here before.
Use the search

Im pretty sure its a CV products unit. I had looked at buying one in the past. They were even on sale several months ago. I would gve you a link but their website and search engine suck.

The front, reason being so much is loaded up there, dynamic fluid loss is
more easily handled at the rear. You could get creative and plumb it from both ends.

I use to feed mine in the front but I kept moving the blower farther back until
I had to move the distributor out of the way of the blower belt. At that point
the belt was just to close to the oil feed line going in the front of the block so I moved it to the rear. Been that way for 3 years now with no problems at all. BTW Indy cars feed the block from the back so I think its safe to say it woks fine there.
I use a peterson billet take apart filter with SS filter element. It is all o-ringed
and easily unscrews for inspection and cleaning. I have used the same filter for 6 or 7 years now and check the filter after every race. If something is going on in the engine it will showup in the filter. I have around 6 of these
that I could sell with any combination of #10 or #12 hose ends and various filter elements if any one is intrested $80.00 shipped to your door. Mike:cool:

Attachments

• MVC-001F.JPG
    MVC-001F.JPG
    47.6 KB · Views: 173
  • MVC-002F.JPG
    MVC-002F.JPG
    51.5 KB · Views: 175
The Joes unit is nice BUT the CV are much cooler looking.

CNC remote filter mount

Peterson offers a CNC remote filter mount with dual inlets and outlets. Their mount also has a 1/8 NPT for an oil pressure guage. Look at part #09-0530.

Back