Fellow GN/TR Owner at the local hangout calls me a liar

You'd think if he was a Buick Guy, he would have heard of Tim Stockwell, who went very deep on stock rotating assembly.

Originally posted by UNGN
I'm guessing he is confused by what you meant by "stock motor".

Some people aren't very good readers. He overlooked the fact you had upgraded turbo, injectors, intercooler.

Maybe one of his friends isn't a good reader, and came up to him and said "That guy over there says his GN can run low 11's and its All STOCK!".

You can see where the guys "BS!" reaction would come from.

I was thinking the same thing.....:)

But the guy is STILL a jackass!:D

Guys,

Thanks a lot for the kind words....the car turned over 160,000 miles on my commute to work today. If I hadn't been on so much cold medicine on Saturday morning, I should've given the guy a flashlight to look around. Heck, there's so much gunk and oil residue on the lower half of the motor my car probably qualifies as an EPA Superfund candidate. ;) Meanwhile, the major components of another motor (girdled stock block) that I dropped off at the machine/head porter's shop a couple of weeks back await their turn....:p

Two Lane: my co-workers (two of whom are car guys) were wondering why I was laughing so hard, so I read your comments aloud. Great stuff! :D

Mac/Keen: I'd seen this guy once before, at the last El Torito meeting I attended many moons ago. In fact, I think you were at that one too...?

My writeup is fairly straightforward, outlining how the motor has never been apart & the heads never off. I then list the maintenance items that have been replaced (timing chain, valvesprings, the usual crud), the fact that the tranny has been rebuilt with the good stuff and so on. The upgrades are then listed "bullet style" under various headings, e.g., "Fuel System: 340M, Bosch 286 in-line, AFPR, 55# injectors, OEM fuel lines" and so on. Maybe I should rewrite it using the "Hooked on Phonics" method...? :cool: