Felpro 1000 vs Felpro 1000?

Eticket

Ok.. I have 2 Felpro 1000's of two different vintages.

One is obviously a new style stock replacement gasket, but the other is an obviously different gasket material that is "teflon coated."

Looking for someone that has used this gasket.. Tell me what you think please. I already have these and don't want to buy 1 more new style if this older one will work just fine.

Thanks,
John

Made for stage II heads, some say they leak water/coolant because the fire ring is stainless and 4 bolt heads wont compress them enough. Others have run them with no problems. Me being one of them. Knock on wood.

Hello Lee.. how is it going? Did you ever try that 50mm gate? On the one I'm using, I found out that with the new turbo, you've got to make sure the valve moves enough for enough flow.

I figured out a away to help minimize the rear main leak in our motors without putting knurling on the crank.

Anyway.. i'm not afraid to mix and match, just making sure that it's an ok gasket. This is the stock block from my stage II car. May not ever run in anything again, but I decided to freshen it with new bearings and gaskets.

hope things are good with you.. did you put an intercooler on your car??!?!? I think I read that you went 140+?