You can type here any text you want

Fender flares

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Ryan

CEO/Founder Nakslist.com
I would like to put on a set of aftermarket flares. Thought it was just a bolt on. I came across a thread that had people drilling into the side of the car and using brackets. Would like it to be reversable. Anyone here put some aftermarket flares on a GN or Regal?

I don't see why you can't just use double sided tape? They make stuff that is meant to be outside.

The article I read also mentioned cutting. This may be for a GNX clone....not sure why. I had a set of flares a long time ago. It came with double sided tape. Never put them on...I sold them. The car I have now came with some black GTA wheels. Kind of growing on me. Thought it would look nice with some flares.

A few different Manufacturers

To do a GNX "clone" you would need to do the sheetmetal hacking. There are a few manufacturers that make "bolt-on" versions that can be removed later with no altering of the fender lips.

Here is an example of one of those manufacturers selling on eBay.

NEW 84-87 T-TYPE REGAL GRAND NATIONAL GNX FENDER FLARES: eBay Motors (item 200378507121 end time Jun-25-10 11:50:26 PDT)

There are a few others on eBay as well, but none of them explicitly said "no modifications to sheet metal" like these do.

Thank. That's what I thought. Just wanted to clear that up before I shelled out the cash. Just curious, why do the GNX fenders need to be cut? I assume the original rims have a diferent BS or maybe the rear diff.

Yes

Yes, mostly it was the backspacing, but the 16X8's with the larger GNX tires also would have rubbed the outer lip as well. I have correctly reproduced and rebarreled GTA wheels to exact GNX specs on my GN and the fronts rub on the inside of the wheel well slightly on full lock turns. Other than that no problems. I also have a slightly higher stance than stock with newer rear coils and airbags, so I think that accounts for no problems in the rear.

Also, check with gBodyparts.com before ordering up those eBay ones and see if theirs are "no mods required" as well. It's always good to support the board sponsors!

Here is the link for theirs. Cheaper than the others as well!

GBodyParts.com Online

Thanks. I ordered some fiberglass fillers from full throttle. I noticed the GNX flares are cheaper on Gbody. Appreciate it.

Back