fender vents

here's the kit that makes the vents functional:

GBodyParts.com Online

someone asked 'how' they work, my .02:

I would imagine they work like those valve cover breather/evac systems that are attached to the exhaust via a rubber hose. The exhaust (travel direction) pulls the air out of the engine thru the breathers.

so when the car is moving, the wind draft around the body 'sucks' (or pulls) the air out of the engine compartment thru the design of the louvers, since the louver outlets are facing the rear of the car.

here's the kit that makes the vents functional:

GBodyParts.com Online

someone asked 'how' they work, my .02:

I would imagine they work like those valve cover breather/evac systems that are attached to the exhaust via a rubber hose. The exhaust (travel direction) pulls the air out of the engine thru the breathers.

so when the car is moving, the wind draft around the body 'sucks' (or pulls) the air out of the engine compartment thru the design of the louvers, since the louver outlets are facing the rear of the car.

I looked at the gbody website and have a question. Do you relocate the sensors on the fenders and then cut a hole where the sensors were (on both right and left sides)? I have a set of the collars that go over the holes. Bought them on ebay years ago. I see they're included in Brian's kit. Photo's from a real gnx would be helpfull. Thanks!

Yes, you relocate relays,however they mount on brackets that come with the port hole kit for the inside of the fender. Its actualy a seperate kit from the louvers. If you have the oval rings for the inside you will still need to get the relay brackets and the inner duct for the fenders to make them function properly,and yes they do realy work well. I just did this whole set up in my car so Im very familiar wtih these kits hope this helps. Eric

Yes, you relocate relays,however they mount on brackets that come with the port hole kit for the inside of the fender. Its actualy a seperate kit from the louvers. If you have the oval rings for the inside you will still need to get the relay brackets and the inner duct for the fenders to make them function properly,and yes they do realy work well. I just did this whole set up in my car so Im very familiar wtih these kits hope this helps. Eric

Eric- could you take a pic of the inner fenders where you cut the holes and installed the oval rings? Thanks.