You can type here any text you want

ferea vales?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

charlief1

RIP Charlie!
Well I got lucky and got a set of ferea valves for my build. They're new and never been istalled. I've been told that bronze guides MUST be used with them if I expect them to live. Valve # are f6237 exhuast and f6238 for the intakes. How much better will they flow and how well will they work for a street engine that gets very little track time. It's also a 4.1 with a 4" bore if that gives anyone a better idea.

Without changing the ports, you probably won't pick up much additional flow. Maybe 3-8 CFM at 28 Hg. Adding a backcut to the intake valve might help.

A good machine shop can install thin wall bronze liners in your valve guides. But I've never had a problem with the cast iron guides.

The difference in weight and design of the valves were suprising. Much heavier than stock and where the stock have a kind of hollow in the center of the valve. The heads will be fully ported so that's not going to be a problem as far as flow. Survivability and logevity are my biggest questions.

Back