You can type here any text you want

Festival cars. What were the differences ?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Is somebody interested in the one thats on Ebay right now????? :rolleyes:
I think the cloth interior is one of the giveaways although I am not sure.

Festival cars have cloth seats and t tops. They also have a number written in marker behind the rear plate.

You should still be able to tell if it was a festival car by the vin # also. Don't you think?

twinvipers said:
How many made ? What were the differences ? Any history would be great also.

Also, how do you know it is one ?

Thanks

My 5K mile cloth/T-top car is one. Almost all of the Cloth/T-Top cars produced were festival cars. I was able to document mine through a guy who has all the docum,entation of the cars used at indy. He can be contacted at kirchenbauer@sbcglobal.net .

It never had the number written on the rear bumper under the plate as some of the cars. But I do have Indiana paper registration for my car while it was at indy indicating it's number was 130. This was verified by Mr. Kirchenbauer. I also have paperwork about maint of the car at indy.

You can tell from the delivery dealership on the reproduction window sticker you will receive from PHS. I will have to dig mine up, but if I remember correctly it was Corral Pontiac in Indiana. Their were two dealerships which did the prep on the cars.

150 TTA's were used at Indy.

"Turbota" who is on this site seems to have information as well.

- Dave :cool:

Mr. Kirchenbauer works at Indy and is responsible for the pace cars and festival cars and have all the documentation from each year. He is really nice to deal with, he gave me the breakdown of number of TTA's used on the track and which license plate numbers used on TTA's vs. other support vehicles in 1989.

Mine is # 118. Mine does have the marker under the plate although it is somewhat washed away.

Back