few ?s

BlackAssGN

just got an 85 hardtop with 109,000 miles for $5,000. i love it. i was wondering if there are any gn tips you guys could tell me or something like that. i was wondering is it hard to get an intercooler on an 85 and if any compainies make them specially for the hot air ones. anyone ever get a different speedo panel? i would like to get one from a gnx but that would be hard so i was wondring you if could fit one from an 87 or 88 monte carlo ss? also anyone have the electric exhaust cutout from turbo regal custom parts? i think it looks cool and interested in one.
thanks

There are several vendors that offer the parts you're looking. ATR is one of them, get one of their catalogs and have fun. One of the first upgrades would be a better fuel pump and adjustable regulator and hot wire kit. Get rid of the restrictive air filter system and upgrade the exhaust. Then switch over to an 87 ecm for much better chip selection and better and smoother ideling and running. Good luck.

could you send me a link to the ATR website? what about the intercooler and speedo panel? is the electric cut out garbage? whats a dump tube do......never heard of it

Originally posted by BlackAssGN
could you send me a link to the ATR website? what about the intercooler and speedo panel? is the electric cut out garbage? whats a dump tube do......never heard of it

Hmmm.....#1-I dont remember the ATR link, but someone will.
#2. Several vendors make IC kits for the hotairs...like Spearco and Turbomotion
#3. Which dash do u have? It would probably be a pain to do.
#4. A dump pipe is a flange that comes off the test pipe(or something). The purpose of it is to get the exhaust out quicker and it sounds cool. The cutout just saves you the trouble of taking the cap off/putting it back on. I think its a cool thing to have.

Hope some of that helped-later

ATR
here is the link to ATR. as far as intercoolers turbomotion had one of the best its IMO. but i think they went out of buisness or something. hopefully they will open back up or someone will continue their legacy.(hint,hint!) spearco makes a decent kit but i would rather wait for another T.M. kit. best of luck to you on your 85.

I have the exhaust cutout and I love it no crawling under the car plus you get a switch to play with. I changed tyhe 85 orginal speedo to a 145 from postons and then just added a twin pillar gauge from Lo Tek w/knock and boost gauges and a water and oil gauge in the console. I've seen a few places that sell reproduction GNX dash kits but they run like $800 to a $1000. You should get a new inlet and downpipe when getting a new exhaust. I know Bowling Green Customs sells a 3" down pipe but from what I've done to my car I think a 3" would be a big pain. I almost had to take the intake completley off to get my 2.5" downpipe in. Also if your putting on a dump pipe you don't need 3" because the dump will be loud enough and less restrictive.

Yeah, those are nice but they are not made specifically for our cars not to mention the ones that Mark builds can be adjusted to how much it's open and if you look at those videos you can see that Quick Times don't seal tight Marks does. I have mine hidden in one of Marks ashtray switch pannels kind of 007 style, you can't do this with quick time performance. Mine can also be removed quickly if you have to go for emission testing. I know none of these things will make our cars go any faster. This is just my opinion and preference. So I guess that it comes down to what you like better.

turbo
What you mean not made spceifically for GNs. They fit any car. Nothing makes it car specific. The quick time one can have it partially opened just like a window motor. And how would you know its doesnt seal? Mine seals perfectly, without problems. Also has the quick disconnect. Everything you said was incorrect. I dont know about you but the QTEC has given my F Body more hp. Also something to conisdier here, the QTEC is on a historic camaro. The #1 ZL-1 supercar. Read about it on the site. Thats a big deal to me. If its good enuff for that car, its good enuff for me. Nothing wrong with Marks piece, im just a qtec fan. Just wanted to clear things up.

At the end of my last reply I said that it was all about preference so no disrespect to your qtec I'm just saying that Marks was made for a GN and I perfer things made for our cars because I've had problems with products that weren't car specific. Where do you put your switch Ripper just curious. What I meant when I said that these things wont make our cars go faster is what I said about were the switch is placed. I'm trying to keep my interior looking as stock as possible. Relax it's Friday:)