You can type here any text you want

Filled ported irons recipe to pass emissions

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Walt03

I have a stock GN that I want to put on ported irons with the EGR ports filled to flow better. Have TH down pipe, but other changes are in the works - 009's ta49.
I would like to know what I need to do to be able to run these heads OR someone tell me to buy the ported irons without having the ports filled.
Thanks

Egr

I purchased a set of cnc ported iron heads from Tom at Champion. I also wanted to keep the egr working so they just drilled a small hole in the blocked passage on the drivers side head only. Hope this helps, Phil.

how does the egr's ported being closed off help flow on the heads? i understand the intake itself. but not on the heads

SloGN, The exhaust gas ports being open in the intake runners cause turbulence and reversion (where pressure in the cylinder is greater than in the intake runner with positive overlap cams), especially in the center cylinders of the head.

How large a hole - 1/8 inch?

TropperT - care to estimate how large was hole drilled ?
Was the drilled hole in the valve bowel the same size as the one in the intake manifold( the point mating the EGR valve)?
Walt

Walt I just looked at my heads as my intake is off right now. Looks to be 1/4" drilled just in driver side head. There is also a chamfer to mate up to the hole. Hope that helps,Phil.

Back