You can type here any text you want

Finally bought a Turbo Buick

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

kidsixpack

Been waiting for the right car at the right price! I bought a 57K mile WE4, Needs a little work but that's kind of what I was looking for. No real mods and the original wheels came with it. What should the original rubber on the original wheels be? Anyway I will be scouting the classifieds for some parts! Car really runs great!
KID

Attachments

• right side 1.JPG
    right side 1.JPG
    45.1 KB · Views: 333
  • left side 2.JPG
    left side 2.JPG
    50.9 KB · Views: 337
  • engine.jpg
    engine.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 334
Mine came with raised black letter Goodyear Eagle GT radials.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Mine came with raised black letter Goodyear Eagle GT radials.

These are GT +4, I will look to see if I can figure out a date code on the tires.
KID

Attachments

• original wheels.jpg
    original wheels.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 210
GT+4 not original as far as I know. Raised white or raised black letter were the options as far as I know in Regular Eagle GT Goodyear.

Beatifull ride! Good for you,got a good deal?

I think I did OK. Real solid drivetrain. Needs some int. parts replaced and needs weatherstrip. Didn't really want a T-top car but it's OK. Who should I get the weatherstrip from? I think it's kind of a neat car without therear spoiler!
KID

Attachments

• leftside rear.JPG
    leftside rear.JPG
    49.4 KB · Views: 216
GT+4 not original as far as I know. Raised white or raised black letter were the options as far as I know in Regular Eagle GT Goodyear.

That is exactly what I thought. Thanks!
KID

Been waiting for the right car at the right price! I bought a 57K mile WE4, Needs a little work but that's kind of what I was looking for. No real mods and the original wheels came with it. What should the original rubber on the original wheels be? Anyway I will be scouting the classifieds for some parts! Car really runs great!
KID

Original tires on a WE4 were:
Steel belted radial ply Blackwall; P215'65R15; RPO code QYZ
Probably Goodyear in the day.
No such luck in a 15" from Goodyear these days.
But why would you.
Run QTY 4 BFG 235/60R15 blackwall and you'll be quite happy if you want to run the Vector wheels.
Stock up on the Eagle 1 Mag Wheel Cleaner and lots of brushes too.

But I think it looks good the way it sits.

I think I did OK. Real solid drivetrain. Needs some int. parts replaced and needs weatherstrip. Didn't really want a T-top car but it's OK. Who should I get the weatherstrip from? I think it's kind of a neat car without therear spoiler!
KID

There aren't many good examples of T-topped WE4's out there.
I'd say be happy you found one.
If the car was garaged all or most of it's life - chances are better for the t rails.

What's kind of neat is when you get to explain for the 500th time that no - it is not a Grand National.
It's a "special car" :D
Like this one

(Secret handshake or gang sign that only WE4 owners know) :cool:

Attachments

• IMG_0166.JPG
    IMG_0166.JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 155
These are GT +4, I will look to see if I can figure out a date code on the tires.
KID

GT+4 are later models that factory original.
In other words - they were put on later.

Those wheels look clean.
Which is a tough act for a Vector.
It's almost a shame to run them.
Are they original rough surface or powder coated?

By the looks of things- the previous owner took nice care of it.
The paint looks good - the engine bay is nice.
Post up some interior pics so we can pick it apart! :p

KID

I bet after seeing these pictures - you'll be dying to install a spoiler.

Attachments

• $T2eC16dHJGIE9nnWrcswBQKDhUMO1w~~60_3 WE4.jpg
    $T2eC16dHJGIE9nnWrcswBQKDhUMO1w~~60_3 WE4.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 181
  • 1010321_10151543289821966_2052669621_n.jpg
    1010321_10151543289821966_2052669621_n.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 199
GT+4 are later models that factory original.
In other words - they were put on later.

Those wheels look clean.
Which is a tough act for a Vector.
It's almost a shame to run them.
Are they original rough surface or powder coated?

By the looks of things- the previous owner took nice care of it.
The paint looks good - the engine bay is nice.
Post up some interior pics so we can pick it apart! :p

I really don't think the car was ever abused. Neglected maybe, but not raced. Still has the cat! The t-top area is very very nice it's been inside. The weather strip is not very nice.
The original wheels are about as mint as I've ever seen. I know the GT+4 were a later tire ,but i thought maybe around the same build as the car.
Anyway cleanup has bee fun so far i'll dig the orig. wheels out and give thema good cleaning.
KID

Attachments

• int 1.jpg
    int 1.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 132
  • int2.jpg
    int2.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 139
Someone stole the 3.8 badge from the deck.
KID

Attachments

• rightrear.jpg
    rightrear.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 137
  • rear.jpg
    rear.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 119
Someone stole the 3.8 badge from the deck.
KID

Most likely in the re-paint.
If you get one - be sure to get the proper one.
Not the hood type - the rear deck lid one.
Solid chrome - no black outline.

I really don't think the car was ever abused. Neglected maybe, but not raced. Still has the cat! The t-top area is very very nice it's been inside. The weather strip is not very nice.
The original wheels are about as mint as I've ever seen. I know the GT+4 were a later tire ,but i thought maybe around the same build as the car.
Anyway cleanup has bee fun so far i'll dig the orig. wheels out and give thema good cleaning.
KID

Huh - I wasn't seeing neglected.
Maybe the guy got bored or lost interest.
These cars have a way of toying with your emotions.

KID

that interior is about as nice as any.
Again - I'm seeing a great shape example of a Ttop WE4.

GT+4's weren't in existence back in the 86/87 time frame.

I can guarantee you'll regret buying soft seal weather stripping. Metro super soft is far superior and more closely matches OEM softness and fit. There's nothing soft about soft seal.

Back