You can type here any text you want

finally hit the dyno

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
I've had my car on a dyno one time, back when all it had was a cold air intake, not even a scan master. Bad idea! Ended the run early because it didn't sound very happy... would definitely like to see what I'm running these days.

Now I want to dyno my nearly stock car just to see what it puts down. I'll probably cry at the low numbers :(

My low mile TTA put down 323 HP with a filter 100 octane and test pipe.

Convertor locked of course.

BW

My low mile TTA put down 323 HP with a filter 100 octane and test pipe.

Convertor locked of course.

BW

You recommend locking the TC? Hmm, I put down 420HP 428TQ, was pretty out of tune and did not lock it up. Makes me wanna go back and try again.

You recommend locking the TC? Hmm, I put down 420HP 428TQ, was pretty out of tune and did not lock it up. Makes me wanna go back and try again.

Oh yeah, since my car runs with the convertor locked most of the pass, i wanted to see what the most it would put down.

When my silver limited had a te44 with a stock elbow and a 2 1/2 inch downpipe, BGC 23 row stock stretch, 50s, and the stock torque convertor, intake and valve covers never removed.

I put it on the dyno 3-20-01 it made 445.8HP and 615.7 with the convertor locked, pulled the lockup switch wire 383.8HP and 495.8

When the convertor is locked, the motor will be under more of a load, the car will need more fuel or meth, or less timing.

With those numbers above, the cars best with the factory elbow was 11.45 at 117.41 best MPH 118.70.

Then it went faster with the 3" ATR downpipe and testpipe.

BW

Back