You can type here any text you want

Finally moving along with the RX7

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Grumpy

Thread killer
Ok got my butt back in gear. :rolleyes: Rear end is all done except for the brakes ... picking away slowly :cool:

Attachments

• rear 17.JPG
    rear 17.JPG
    37.5 KB · Views: 758
  • rear 19.JPG
    rear 19.JPG
    38.9 KB · Views: 759
  • rear 22.JPG
    rear 22.JPG
    39.1 KB · Views: 756
  • rear 23.JPG
    rear 23.JPG
    37.2 KB · Views: 759
bout time... i was wondering what you have been doing?

Did you take those pics? they look very nice :wink:

been working here on house "stuff" (Melissa's and mine ) :rolleyes: wife is goin away next week so I guess I can get back out there and do the brake and fuel lines :biggrin:

I see u have extra parts for 86/87 GN. I'm looking for the bracket that mounts on the air plenum for my throttle valve cable from my transmission. Any chance you have an extra one of these?

I see u have extra parts for 86/87 GN. I'm looking for the bracket that mounts on the air plenum for my throttle valve cable from my transmission. Any chance you have an extra one of these?

the one for the gas, cruise and TV ??? ya I have a few :p

Looks good Dan. I had fun yesterday on my hybrid squeezing a caspers harness through a 2" hole in the firewall. I'm going to cut out a section and weld it back in if I ever do another one:)

Looks good Dan. I had fun yesterday on my hybrid squeezing a caspers harness through a 2" hole in the firewall. I'm going to cut out a section and weld it back in if I ever do another one:)

wiring in the Mazda is unreal !! talk about tight quarters!! Had a hard enuff time getting a boost line out to the engine :rolleyes: the "fun" of hybrids :p

Thanks for gettin' back to me. I went to Bowling Green at the last minute this weekend, and found a gas/cruise/TV bracket there. I'm also looking for an entire '87 GN floor shifter assembly if you have one of these. I'm doing doing a '87 RX-7 hybrid also. Like your pictures.

Buddy of mine picked up a gas tank down there for me. Now I have to get the car back in "line" to work on it :rolleyes: :p

Dan......you didn't mean moving backward did ya?? Kidding of course. Still lurking now and then. My RX7 is running great but pretty much done racing it. More fun showing it than worrying about breaking it or killing myself.

Take care,

Hank

I have a 90 RX 7 convertible that could use V6 Turbo powerplant. Have anyone documented transplanting a V6 in a RX 7. Being the "Odd Ball" that I am, I would like to put a 6 speed tranny behind. BTW, GREAT work GRUMPY and TURBOCARS. It is not a factory color. It is a fun car that can be made better. I have a LT1, but I want to put a BUICK V6 turbo in it.

Attachments

• Convertible 2.jpg
    Convertible 2.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 402
  • Convertible 3.jpg
    Convertible 3.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 410
  • Convertible 4.jpg
    Convertible 4.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 405
I think the car hates me

OR its afraid of the beating its goin to get .. Latest pitfall is the SFI balancer :rolleyes: Melissa was using the motor and we added the SFI balancer and flexplate to be "legal" at the tracks.. We were getting asked to leave a little to much :p She has her "own" motor in the car now .. sooo now the balancer is almost right at the rack :mad:

Attachments

• 10.JPG
    10.JPG
    37.1 KB · Views: 348
The RX's make for some damn fun conversions! I love seeing things like this. I'm used to the LSx conversions, but this is just awesome!

wiring in the Mazda is unreal !! talk about tight quarters!! Had a hard enuff time getting a boost line out to the engine :rolleyes: the "fun" of hybrids :p

Do you hire the neighborhood kids to get access into those spots you can't fit your hands? :D

Do you hire the neighborhood kids to get access into those spots you can't fit your hands? :D

nope.. feed them to "Killer" if they come in the yard :p He is always guarding the house :rolleyes: well unless he's eating :wink:

Attachments

• willieraindeer.JPG
    willieraindeer.JPG
    35.9 KB · Views: 202
  • steps.JPG
    steps.JPG
    37.7 KB · Views: 200
Back