You can type here any text you want

Finally starting to work on the GN

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Slowhawk

I bought my wife a 87 GN last spring and we put a total of 800 miles on it this year(71k total)The car was built up many years ago and has many old school mods.Took the car to the dyno and it pulled 330hp/340tq while running real lean.
So far the car has a T44 turbo,front mount intercooler,36lb injectors,headers,3inch downpipe,3000 stall converter,390gears and some control arms.It was bought with this stuff on it.

This winter it will get the full treatment of parts like springs/shocks,new headers (old are bad)ATR dual exhaust,007 injectors,340pump and hot wire,new valve springs/timing chain,F-body radiator,engine mounts,dual fans,full gauges,door seals,and the whole underbody POR'd.

I'm getting excited about starting this project as you can see:)

They are fun to work on. :)

Well actually they aren't but don't want to dissuade you. ;)

Timing chain installs in the winter. :cool:

Hmmm, 007 injectors, British eh? :D

Don't put the F body radiator in there without an external oil cooler. :)

Good luck and have fun. :p

Remember,I work on LS1 Camaro's anf Firebirds as a living.So these turbo motors are actually easier to work on.Alot more room.

Originally posted by Slowhawk
Remember,I work on LS1 Camaro's anf Firebirds as a living.So these turbo motors are actually easier to work on.

They're also faster. :D ;) :eek:

Originally posted by 10SV6
They're also faster. :D ;) :eek:
Yes they are when built.This car is for the wife so it won't be over built.
My car on the other hand is being built to handle daily driving and 10.0 slips.(no full cage ever)Nothing a Direct port Nitrous system can't give:D

Well, 3 weekends into the build.Got the floor and most of the frame POR'd.Front suspension done with Polygraphite,new MOOG springs and Bilstiens.Fuel system done with 42lbr's and 340l and fuel tank painted.Oil pan gasket,water pump ect.
Now I just got to do the the motor mounts,exhaust gaskets,ATR cat back,valve cover gaskets and my gauges- water,boost,oil pressure,fuel pressure.
Maybe 2-3 more weeks,then my car goes in the garage for a 422 stroker;)

Back