You can type here any text you want

Finally street testing bgc intercooler

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

turbows6

I posted a while back that I had modified a Bowling Green Customs stock location intercooler to fit in a tta. I finally got around to finishing up and took it out on the street. The shroud has about 4" of ground clearance. Boost went from 22#s to 25#s compared to a stock intercooler with a duttweiler neck, so it probably would have picked up 4-5#s compared to a stock intercooler. Makes way more power from the butt dyno. It's time for some transmission work now though. It was flaring the 2-3 shift before, but now it just blows through 3rd gear at wot :rolleyes: It wasn't a slouch before, it would trap close to 100 in the 1/8th on street tires, but now it feels quite a bit stronger especially above 5k rpm.

Picture025.jpg

Oh, btw, I have the other half of the aluminum donut (pro-werks brand) that I used to make the inlet. If anyone wants the other half to do their intercooler like this I'll sell it for 45$ shipped. They are 120$ a piece by the time you ship one, so it's a pretty good deal. This is about the only way to get a big intercooler in a TTA and not have to worry about tearing up something on the ground.

C76-568-A - ALUMINUM 2-1/2in. DONUT at The Chassis Shop

how about some pic's in the car ;)

Did the mounting holes work with the original brackets and duct or did you have to fabricate new brackets and duct ?

Back